CCC National Rally 2013 20-21st July! Less Than a Week to Go

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: CCC National Rally 2013 20-21st July! Less Than a Week t

Post by Citroenmad »

No telling which gear I was in :lol: Xantias don't seem to have the most accurate speedos
PhilGreaves wrote:
lol just reread jims : "especially you Phil" :oops: now remember next time you see my mum: activas make great 2nd cars and never brake down with an endless parts availability... :lol:
Apart from the very last bit, your not wrong :roll:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote:No telling which gear I was in :lol: Xantias don't seem to have the most accurate speedos
or tachos :roll:

S1 ones are more accurate generally...

PhilGreaves wrote: activas make great 2nd cars and never brake down with an endless parts availability... :lol:
Apart from the very last bit, your not wrong :roll:[/quote]

Agreed, they do make excellent 2nd cars :-D

Indeed, it has become necessary to make some stuff these days. A Lathe is a very useful addition to the toolkit when you own an Activa...

:lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I had an excellent weekend, a little different to what I expected with the whole XM throwing it's toys out the pram on the 303 thing. I ended up tagging along with ren16tx in his yellow Visa Florence. We didn't leave the site until gone 7 on Sunday which meant that I didn't get back to the XM until 10pm. The breakdown people were prompt but I still didn't end up getting home until 4am Monday morning...sniff!

Here are a couple of snaps of the 20th Anniversary Xantia cake me, my sister and mum made. Thanks go to CitroJim for cutting the cake! It went down like a storm and it was soon gone, too soon for some as they missed their chance.

Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That cake was absolutely brilliant Kev and a high honour for me to be the one to cut it. Excellent!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

JonM wrote: & trade stands were almost non existent, very scarce. They went home early very disappointed. We nearly did.

whilst I've never had a trade stand I have sold models and brochures in the past. I say past because I sold £15 of stuff at wetherby in 2012 despite the bx attracting large crowds. I'm afraid its use them or loose them. I feel genuinely sorry for those trying to do it on a commercial basis and whilst I was disappointed that there wasn't more I can understand it. I certainly wont be selling stuff again at a rally, I've offered people a list of stuff but it'll be ebay most probably. Same for spare parts.
JonM wrote: The site was a A damn disgrace!! No Excuse!!
When you pay £15 per night you expect clean toilets & showers!! Only one toilet open sunday morning the rest were closed

eh??! Did we use toilets in another dimension! lol Every time my mum went to the toilets there was someone cleaning. I had a nosy round the gents and showers both days and they seemed great. In fact I even thought, next year if its in the same place I wouldn't mind camping. We were there before 10am on sunday and all toilet/shower cubicles seemed clean and were open. We used he hut like shower block overlooking the lake/downhill.
JonM wrote: Bloke on gate was unhelpful
now that was an understatement! "just go that way..follow it round to the event field..." the event field being??! uphill downhill, big beyond the lake ...
JonM wrote: I urge you the CCC not to return there anytime soon
Funny I've been saying the opposite..and from what I saw/the above id stand by it.

Jes jim if you think that's bad/run down then don't come up north! (unless its to fix my car in which case feel free! :roll: :wink: )
citronut wrote: Steve and Phill certainly did not look as i thought they would
not sure how to take that ..but I still wished I lived nearer you Malcolm!

Cake was ace sorry I missed the cutting but we had to head off for the long journey back. Loved the blue bburago model..coz its a mk1. Yes before you ask ive got several..even the super rare citroen boxed one.

maybe going to cxm...in the c3..is that allowed?!

Phil
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

I thought the trade stands and autojumble were very good, in so much that my C4s boot was filled to the brim, as well as the back seat full up too. Easier than lowering springs... :wink:
Franklin
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

C4 coupe's look good when full of crap! Leave a few slabs in the boot, definitely cheaper than coilovers :shock: 8-) :lol:
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Finally got round to uploading some of the pictures from the National Rally

http://www.flickr.com/photos/c6exclusiv ... 321851285/
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php