Sebastian Loeb's New Citroen wtcC car!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Sebastian Loeb's New Citroen wtcC car!!

Post by Timmo »

Very liking this! Be great to see the car up there with the Germans!!!
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Searc ... -revealed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Re: Sebastian Loeb's New Citroen wtcC car!!

Post by bxzx16v »

That's a beauty 8-) .

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Looks like a tortoise on wheels :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

not much underbelly clearance for a rally car :o ,
i know i know they spend most of the rally off the ground/low flying anyway so should be ok :yikes: :dom:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

citronut wrote:not much underbelly clearance for a rally car :o ,
i know i know they spend most of the rally off the ground/low flying anyway so should be ok :yikes: :dom:
It's for Touring Car racing Malcolm. Seb Loeb's got bored with annihilating everyone on the gravel, so Citroen are going to the World Touring Car Championship with him next year. He's a damned good race driver too. I expect him to do very well.

The car looks fantastic.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

As an aside, I'd urge anyone with an interest in cars or driving to marvel at Loeb's speed and commitment on his record-breaking Pikes Peak run in his specially built Peugeot 208..

875BHP. 875kg.

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsports/s ... eak-record" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Computer simulation said a 100% perfect run would be 8mins 15 sec.

Loeb went faster.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I prefer the "rawness" of the old 405T16, but all credit to Loeb for a job superbly done.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

The fact he took best part of 50 seconds from rhys millen (an american) who's driven the road 19 years on the trot And the he (millen) broke his previous record by 10 seconds in a leman car makes it all the better!
The record time will stand till next year, when loeb smashes it again! ;-)
Infairness though, the only resemblance to the 208 that car has is the shell that covers the space frame! The rest is Pure animal mechanics! 750bhp iirc!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Timmo wrote:The fact he took best part of 50 seconds from rhys millen (an american) who's driven the road 19 years on the trot And the he (millen) broke his previous record by 10 seconds in a leman car makes it all the better!
The record time will stand till next year, when loeb smashes it again! ;-)
Infairness though, the only resemblance to the 208 that car has is the shell that covers the space frame! The rest is Pure animal mechanics! 750bhp iirc!
The 405 T16 bore about as much resemblance to a real 405 as the Loeb's 208 does to a roadgoing one. Loeb's is 875bhp - he asked for 1bhp per kilo of weight, and Peugeot gave it to him.
Northern_Mike

Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:I prefer the "rawness" of the old 405T16, but all credit to Loeb for a job superbly done.
I'm on the fence with that one. I'm not sure. Ari's run was impressive of course, but the speeds are so much higher on Loeb's run. Peugeot believe that car would have done a similar time on gravel, and I see no reason to doubt it.

My favourite bit is at 6:55 (on the Youtube clock, 6:13 on the timer clock) when you hear it bouncing off the rev limiter in top gear. 240km/h apparently, with that drop. That's braver/more stupid than Ari's run..