Marriage Bill (UK)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Marriage Bill (UK)

Post by addo »

I've watched these proposed changes with some interest; a fair number of Dee owners here are confirmed bachelors - not sure if this trend touches the UK.
Northern_Mike

Re: Marriage Bill (UK)

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:I've watched these proposed changes with some interest; a fair number of Dee owners here are confirmed bachelors - not sure if this trend touches the UK.
I only know one D owner and he isn't.

The confirmed bachelors I know bar one, all drive MINIs. The other drives a Seat Leon.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Sounds like there won't be a run on Dees as ceremonial cars for UK same-sex marriages then!
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

addo wrote:I've watched these proposed changes with some interest; a fair number of Dee owners here are confirmed bachelors - not sure if this trend touches the UK.
Do they also wear comfortable shoes?
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Xac wrote:
Do they also wear comfortable shoes?

My best mate is a confirmed bachelor. His shoes look anything but comfortable!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Northern_Mike wrote:
I only know one D owner and he isn't.
Ditto and he definitely isn't. I went to his wedding..

UK D owners actually seem quite a normal bunch if DSM this year was anything to go by..

Well known exceptions excluded of course...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Andy is slightly confused by this topic, I guess I should read it a bit more closely.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I find it ridiculous that it's taken this long for the church to stop discriminating against same sex couples. I was also shocked to hear that there are B&Bs and hotels around that will not allow same sex couples to stay! For petes sake this is the 21st century, if a couple of blokes or women want to form a relationship, do coupley things and get married let them. Who gives a monkeys! Damn Church!!

In this country, a decent slice of the Citroen Car Club and 2CVGB are 'confirmed bachelors' as you put it, there are a chunk of members on this forum and BXC too, some are just less flamboyant than others. I've personally not noticed a correlation, maybe I've just not been paying enough attention :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Kev, I quite agree...

I'm actually quite pleased as it's worked out well for me but not in the way you might first think. Due to the changes in the law my ex-wife has entered into a civil partnership with a lady of the same persuasion as her and this nullified any claim she might have had over my pension... Previously she had claim to a good slice of it as part of the divorce settlement...

So, as I say, I'm content...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

That's a win! Easier on your pocket and stress levels.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:That's a win! Easier on your pocket and stress levels.
Absolutely :-D
Jim