PSA Precut Key Ordering

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

PSA Precut Key Ordering

Post by addo »

I've received the following email from my French parts vendor:

"Hello,

We have received your order, but to dde to honor it, we must have your serial number is on your registration.

Could you send it to us by e-mail?"

Do they mean the vin, the key cutting code or something on the carte grise? Perhaps someone with experience in ordering precut keys in the UK can advise.

Thanks, Adam.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: PSA Precut Key Ordering

Post by spider »

I *think* they want the key number (the cutting code) so they can order it precut.

From what I remember the normal types (206 etc) we used to have blank and cut on site, the other sorts (Xantia / Expert / 406 / etc) we had to order with the key number and they came cut.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Carkeyhelp cut mine just from an image of the key. They can also do it from the mechanical key code (not the same as the pairing one), I believe some places can get the mechanical key code (and the pairing one) from looking up the VIN.

Serial number on registration to me sounds like they want the VIN, as the keycode is usually stored on the confidential card you get with the car?
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'm puzzled, as they are a main dealer. I had wondered if the serial number was some form of identification of the keeper. Will email them back and ask.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Ah if its a main dealer they can obtain the cutting code (and radio / transponder stuff) anyway for a fee usually. It may be the vin they are after then in that case for proof of ID.

If it was somewhere you'd actually physically visit, no doubt they'd want the V5 (Not sure what you call them over there?) or other such proof of ownership / ID.

I do know when I had to order the transponder code for my Astra ( yes I know :( but its long gone now :) ) the dealer wanted the registration documents and some form ID, I took my licence and a phone bill as my licence is the older style without a photo (thankfully!) , made me wait a week thought but to be fair the original type 'card' appeared.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

They want a photo of our equivalent to the carte grise, showing the VIN and keeper details.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I emailed front and rear photos of the "Certificat d'immatriculation Australien" and they are now happy to release the keys. Simple, once you know!