Condenser seals

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deuchebleu
My Cars: xxxxxxxxxx

Condenser seals

Post by deuchebleu »

My Picasso needs a new aircon condenser. I've sorted out an online part supplier for this but it comes without seals. It says these are manufacturer specific.
On the Service Citroen site they are shown as 6460AZ and 6460AY at about £6 - £8 each. Now I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha' porth of tar but these seem expensive for what seems to be little more than a sleeve of some description. I'm just interested if anyone has done a similar job and re-used the old seals or knows of an alternative source of these. The fittings are of the type with a flange which goes over a stud and is retained by a nut.

John
deuchebleu
My Cars: xxxxxxxxxx

Re: Condenser seals

Post by deuchebleu »

Just to complete this thread I ended up getting two new seals as one of the old ones was slightly damaged removing it. The new ones were not a stock item so had to wait 3 days. On comparing new and old, I probably could have re-used them as damage was not on the bit that forms the seal. Suprisingly they came without the plastic spigot bushes which are not shown as a separate item on CitroenService. All regassed and cold now just in time for the heatwave. One slight niggle still but I'll start a new thread for that.

John