Drivers license change of address ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Drivers license change of address ?

Post by Xaccers »

citronut wrote:they know before they pull you who the registered keeper of the vehicle is, your shoe size, willy whoooops i mean inside leg measurement, were you live whether you have a current license, insurance and MOT,

that is if the person driving is the registered keeper
But they don't know WHY they've been asked to pull you over if your reg has been marked to be nabbed until they actually pull you over and request the information.
That's what happened to me for the "crime" of "appearing to be dark skinned whilst in my car parked near some shops tapping on my mobile phone as a paranoid pratt using the ATM panics thinking I'm scanning his pin code"
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Xac wrote:
citronut wrote:they know before they pull you who the registered keeper of the vehicle is, your shoe size, willy whoooops i mean inside leg measurement, were you live whether you have a current license, insurance and MOT,

that is if the person driving is the registered keeper
But they don't know WHY they've been asked to pull you over if your reg has been marked to be nabbed until they actually pull you over and request the information.
That's what happened to me for the "crime" of "appearing to be dark skinned whilst in my car parked near some shops tapping on my mobile phone as a paranoid pratt using the ATM panics thinking I'm scanning his pin code"
so were you guilty or not your honor :shock: :-D :wink:
Last edited by citronut on 28 Jun 2013, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Hi guys, can anyone tell me what details I need to renew my tax disc if I physically go into the DVLA ?

I normally renew it online however because the log book was registered to my old address I couldn't do that as it would get sent to the wrong address.

I sent my log book away to the DVLA with a change of address filled in over two weeks ago but it hasn't returned yet, so I don't have a physical copy of the log book although I took a photo of it before sending...

I also don't think I have the most recent tax disc renewal form anymore, only the one prior to that.

Any thoughts ? Also over two weeks with no new log book seems a long time when my replacement drivers license came in a couple of days, how am I best to chase this up, and if its been lost in the post or by DVLA is it going to be a big hassle to fix ?

My tax disc is due in 2-3 days...
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Call them I guess (from 8AM)?
Driving Licence: 0300 790 6801
VED: 0300 123 4321 or 0300 790 6802
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

what day/date did you move out of your last address Simon,

if it were after the middle'ish of this month your current reminder will be at your last address,
can you not get access to any mail that has been sent there since you moved out,

if not i would phone on ( 0870 240 0010 ) /go into a DVLA office to get accurate facts on which way you should go,

if you dont know were your nearest DVLA office is check below

https://www.gov.uk/dvla-offices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards, malcolm.

Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

citronut wrote: if not i would phone on ( 0870 240 0010 ) /go into a DVLA office to get accurate facts on which way you should go,

if you dont know were your nearest DVLA office is check below

https://www.gov.uk/dvla-offices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malc, DVLA switched from 0870 numbers over 3 years ago (probably due to not being able to make money from them any more) :)
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... 02009.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Thanks guys, it was looking a bit iffy for a moment but its now sorted. :)

To apply on-line the registered address needs to be correct but I didn't know if it had been updated yet or not as I hadn't received the log book, and I didn't have the V11 reminder and very likely wouldn't get it in time by forwarded mail if at all... so that one was ruled out.

To apply at a DVLA office I needed a completed V11 reminder which I don't have, along with a printout of insurance and MOT test certificate (which I do have) so couldn't do it that way either.

I ended up calling customer services on 0300 7906802 and going through option 3 then 2, then navigating several other options I've forgotten :lol:

They were able to confirm the address had already been updated and a new log book had been sent out on Tuesday, and take payment over the phone to get the tax disc posted to the new address. Result! :) So anyone getting stuck in a similar predicament with lost documents or out of date address just ring that number - all I needed to tell over the phone was the registration plate, confirm the make and model of vehicle and the registered keeper address.

By the way in drivers license news, I used the on-line application (a couple of weeks ago now but forgot to reply to the thread) and got a new license in two days without sending the old one back! I do still have to get the old one sent back which I will do as soon as I get a chance. So doing that on-line seems to be a good way to avoid not having a physical copy, even though technically you can drive without having it on you...(lots of other stuff uses drivers license for ID though so its inconvenient to be without it)

One rather bizarre thing happened with my updated license though, apparently I now also have a class A license as of 19th January 2013 (when some new regulations came in ?) which means I can ride motorbikes ???!!! :lol: I didn't have that on my previous license, and I did NOT sit a motorbike license in New Zealand either - in fact I've never ridden a motorbike on the road in my life!!

In NZ a motorbike license is most definitely a completely separate test and class to a car. They've also given me a class AM license (mopeds ?) as of 12 June 2013 which is when I exchanged my license. I can't remember for sure but I don't think I was allowed to ride mopeds in NZ either...
Simon

1978 CX 2400
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

good to hear you are sorted Simon,

also i think the motor bike section of the new license will be as a provisional/learner, and probably up to a certain cc/powered bike, i think up to something like 250.0 cc
Last edited by citronut on 29 Jun 2013, 10:17, edited 2 times in total.
Regards, malcolm.

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

I presume you mean 250cc not 2500cc Malcolm ? :shock: :lol:
Simon

1978 CX 2400
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

citronut wrote:they know before they pull you who the registered keeper of the vehicle is, your shoe size, willy
True tale : I had an Audi Quattro Coupe for a while which I sold to my brother. Couldn't find the logbook at the time, just gave him the green slip. He never really got round to sorting it. I'd actually never got one either so it stayed in the previous owners name.

In the snow he overtook a struggling police car who then pulled him a bit up the road for his insolence.

The previous owner's name was Ashley Dick. A Dick.

You can imagine what a field day the copper had with that..
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Mandrake wrote:I presume you mean 250cc not 2500cc Malcolm ? :shock: :lol:
WHOOOOOPS :? :roll: :wink:
yet another senior moment #-o :-D
Northern_Mike wrote:
citronut wrote:they know before they pull you who the registered keeper of the vehicle is, your shoe size, willy
True tale : I had an Audi Quattro Coupe for a while which I sold to my brother. Couldn't find the logbook at the time, just gave him the green slip. He never really got round to sorting it. I'd actually never got one either so it stayed in the previous owners name.

In the snow he overtook a struggling police car who then pulled him a bit up the road for his insolence.

The previous owner's name was Ashley Dick. A Dick.

You can imagine what a field day the copper had with that..

bit of a c*o*c*k up then Mike :roll: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Mandrake wrote:
I also have an NZ passport to renew before August (which will require me to send away by mail my only proof of being able to live and work in the UK!) and then have to renew my Visa next year which means sending my passport away again! Lots of opportunities for government department screw ups to happen or documents to be lost in the post... :| [-o<
I renewed my NZ passport a few months ago using the online service and I don't think I had to send the old one back. And you don't need to get a new visa, the UK immigration desks accept a valid visa in an expired passport (they will put a visa stamp in your new passport next time you enter the UK producing both passports).
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Thanks for the info, doesn't sound as difficult as I thought. I better get onto it :)

Next year when my Visa is due to run out could be more interesting though...
Simon

1978 CX 2400