H3+ Does SUSPENSION _ECOTECH in Proxia = BHI ECU?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: H3+ Does SUSPENSION _ECOTECH in Proxia = BHI ECU?

Post by Mandrake »

Sounds like you've made some progress Nicky, even if its not perfect yet. :) A few comments and suggestions:

The firewall prompts that were coming up were most likely why things were timing out as reported in your first message. The best thing to do is to not only say yes to allow the connection when your firewall prompts, but choose the option to remember it in future so it doesn't prompt next time.

The reason for this is that for the period of time between the prompt appearing and you clicking to accept, the traffic is blocked, and the software times out, so even after you click accept its already too late. However once the firewall remembers to automatically allow the connection it will work. Or just turn off the firewall when you run diagbox. Even though you want your firewall off or connections allowed for the application its generally recommended that you disable your internet connection whilst running Diagbox so it cant "phone home" to Citroen, eg turn your wireless connection off.

Regarding the overall speed, Diagbox is a big hungry piece of software. I normally run it under Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 1520 which is an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6Ghz with 2GB ram and it runs acceptably but I wouldn't call it speedy. I've also tried it on a Samsung NC110 netbook with a 1.6Ghz Atom and 2GB ram and it runs MUCH slower. It's usable but takes a long time to load. 2GB of ram is definitely the minimum usable. Unfortunately Diagbox does need a bit of patience to use unless you have a screamer of a machine.

Don't worry about it not asking for the RPO, if it doesn't ask for it it doesn't need it. It will be looking up the RPO in an internal database based on the VIN number, which it is able to query from the BSI. The older Lexia software was probably just too old to have your VIN number listed in the database, hence it needed to ask you for the RPO. Some cars it will ask for the VIN, some for the RPO, some for neither! All perfectly normal.

Regarding the partial recognition of the injection software after they updated it, I can't say for sure, but now that you know 7.02 does work on your interface it MIGHT help if you go the whole hog and update it to 7.15. Here's a link that includes the updates, there are several updaters to go from 7.02 to 7.15:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!jJJ11IhI!Kr2p1iBUR4oxVw_oDec_bA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for your CD changer, its possible that your BSI is in a confused state and needs a reset. I don't have the details on how this is done but I suspect its similar to the process for a C4 or C5 which has been posted about on the forum before and includes disconnecting the battery. There won't be any permanent harm from your previous failed sessions so I'm sure you'll get the CD changer working again. :)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Mandrake wrote:The only thing I can think of is that perhaps recent versions of Lexia have functionality stripped out for later models that are now supported by Diagbox.
That is a possibility but I don't have or have never used diag box so I don't know. I do however have 2 Lexia interfaces the old style black rectangular one & the new XS evolution one both are 100% genuine. Can't remember the Lexia version I keep it at but it was the last one before the new activation process started & the new home screen (think its v46). I'll check the next time i boot it up.
This setup gives full functionality with the C4 Picasso, like I say both the C6 & C4 pic were about way before Diag box.
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

Hello again,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, was going to go for the update to 7.15 the more certain I became that all was working ok.

I will have a look for the posts regarding the BSI reset now.

In addition to the missing cd changer I've also lost air conditioning/heating information from the screen now, and I'm left with a basic looking analogue clock and compass arrangement. :-( Software still reads 6.62 as before.

I know someone had luck previously reinstalling via lexia. I did briefly see such a menu last night, but I thought I only saw RD4 installation mentioned.

Got a bit of a hangover this morning from a charity dinner last night , so think I'd better leave it a few hours! You just know getting this sorted is not going to be painless exercise for the head! :-)

Nicky
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

A nice hot sweet cup of tea can help. It is surprising how much energy the brain needs, and when I have a headache a cuppa helps me.

Put sugar in the tea even if you don't normally. You are after the high speed sugar hit for the brain.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

Ooo.. I hate sugar in the tea! :-) On the 3rd strong cup, and a big fry up now! I love the old Mars bars lately, so will make short work of a couple of those for the the sugar hit!

I wonder if Diagbox update 7.15 has a hangover sub menu? :-D
Last edited by nickyg on 08 Jun 2013, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Would you still hate sugar in tea if the headache goes away?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

I think I'm still traumatised by the time I mistakenly took a big gulp of my mates tea on a Monday morning at work. He takes 7 (seven) sugars, but another few extra after the beer! In fairness, you're right, sorts him right out every time!
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

As regards the iron info on the screen, if the C6 is like the C5, the car's own user menu allows different display modes. It may be that your Lexia session has left it in another mode.
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

Ok, sigh...Performed the battery reset procedure. Haven't had time to run diagbox again, but the outcome was this:

Lost time and date settings as expected.

Didn't lose radio stations.

Had an egress of lds from the vented cap when reconnecting battery. Possible I had topped up a little too much a couple of weeks ago.

Most important of all, I still have no climate control, cd changer and, I notice now, parking sensor operation linked in to my navidrive!

What a palava! I started out this process with Lexia (now diagbox) to see if I could activate my front parking sensors and aux input, and I am going in the opposite direction!

Will try an update from 6.62 to 6.63 to see if that helps but I wouldn't hold out hope for such a small update to have an effect. Will get on diagbox later too.

:-( help!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

7 sugars in his tea! How did he get the tea into the cup? I wouldn't have thought there was space in the cup with all that sugar! I take 2 in a normal mug (3 in my large one) and people keep telling me I should cut down. I add one extra if I have a headache.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Indeed, what a palava. #-o Kind of makes me glad I still have a Xantia with its mere 10 or so ECU's which don't talk to each other!

As dnsey has suggested its probably just that you've got some of the settings into different or factory default / show room modes, some modes can be set through the driver controls, some modes/options can be set with the Lexia. There are a ton of configurable options in the later models that are dealer programmable with a Lexia.

Unfortunately there's very few forum members with a C6 so we can only guide you in general terms. You may just need to go into the individual relevant ECU's one at a time and search through all the configuration options.

I would start with something important like the climate control, look through everything you can find in Diagbox relating to that. First check if it has logged any fault codes (I suspect not) then check the live sensor data which will show things like air temperature, the position of user controls etc, again I think you'll find that is fine. Then try the actuator tests, this will let you do things like manually turn on and off fans, adjust temperature flaps, etc etc.

Finally check the configuration options. For overall control of whether certain features are enabled and what mode they're in the best place to start looking is probably in the BSI. Remember to write down the original setting for anything you change so you can get back to where you were if it isn't a step forward.

Another thing worth checking is that there is a screen you can find that shows a diagram of all the ECU's and which connect to which other ECU's, like a block diagram. This will give you some idea of which ECU's might be reliant on data from which other ECU's so you can see if there is any connection between the different issues.

Finally if you're not sure about anything you find, or what configuration options to choose etc post some screenshots of the relevant pages from Diagbox here, even though few of us have seen a C6 the diagnostic principles are similar to other models like C5 so with information from screenshots someone may be able to work out what needs doing.

Another thought that occurs to me is if you get really stumped and your laptop can pick up your home wifi from within the car, someone could potentially connect to your laptop directly with something like teamviewer and take remote control of Diagbox to see everything first hand.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

Thanks mandrake, I popped on to let the forum know how I have sorted it, and see you are being ever helpful!

Indeed, I tried entering telematics > repair.

At first I tried "Vin configuration", but it automatically configured exactly the same (wrong!) way.

Entering the manual configuration menu, then one by one activating the the relevant equipment and options that had, somehow been deactivated, brought me redemption!

Have the front parking sensors activated on the display now (yay!), tyre sensor message turned off, also the screen menus give me aircon (yippee!) and video option from the glovebox inputs (wanted, and checked aux audio, but haven't got that working yet.. Perhaps checking the video activation overrides it, I'm not sure).

I tried changing "presence of retractable screen" from ABSENT to PRESENT (thinking it may be throwing up my "multifunction screen" communication error with the diagnostic, but that configuration failed on me.

I have the JBL sound and lounge pack option on the car, so the fact that option "hifi amplifier" was ABSENT looked strange. There are options to configure a "standard" or "multiplexed" amplifier, so am researching which (if any) the JBL amplifier might come under. This may have an effect on the Aux audio, I'm hoping, as I would like to finally get my Spotify account piped in!

So, for now, diagbox 7.xx on this particular eBay lexia is looking pretty good! Another day of tinkering around is well underway! Hope some of these trials and tribulations will be of use to someone else!

Regards,

Nicky :-)

*Edit to above: Got Aux input working. It had to be activated on the rt3 screen itself under a newly appeared category in the rt3s "Configuration" menu. It was: Configuration > Display configuration > Sound (a new one, as of last diagnostic session) > activate aux input.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

I'm glad you managed to get everything working again, I was worried for a while whether you would be able to dig yourself back out of the hole you had got into but you did, so well done. :)

I don't know for certain but I believe that Diagbox and Lexia contain a VIN number database which lists the ECU's present and options fitted for each car as it left the factory. If I accidentally enter a wrong but still valid VIN number for my Xantia the global test goes in search of the wrong ECU's and fails to communicate with most of them...

So your automatic VIN configuration option in the telematics repair section may have just been setting things back to the original factory spec, meaning that if any options packs were fitted at the time of sale or as a later upgrade Diagbox wouldn't know about that, thus you have to manually activate the optional features that are actually present in your car. A good piece of information to know and I'm sure it will help others that run into similar situations.

Also glad to hear you have your Aux input working now, although I'm baffled as to how your programming sessions have activated a new sub menu in the RT3 unit when it consistently told you it failed to communicate with the RT3 device! I see Trainman says in your other thread that a code is needed to communicate with the RT3, perhaps your dealer also did not bother to enter any code when they did their test as they weren't looking to do anything with the RT3... so the fact that your dealer printout shows no communication with the RT3 doesn't necessarily indicate a fault ?

On the other hand, have you found anywhere that is asking for a code for it ? Is there perhaps somewhere in the menus of the RT3 itself that a code can be entered before the diagnostic session to "unlock" access ?
Simon

1978 CX 2400