H3+ Does SUSPENSION _ECOTECH in Proxia = BHI ECU?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nickyg
My Cars:

H3+ Does SUSPENSION _ECOTECH in Proxia = BHI ECU?

Post by nickyg »

Hello everybody,

Just a quick query, which I hope someone with the requisite knowledge will know straight off the bat.

My Lexia can't seem to communicate with the "Suspension" or "Multifunction screen" global test sections. For the latter I see this has been duplicated when I had the dealership print me their diagnostic session.

However, I see in the (Proxia) printout successful communication with both SUSPENSION ECOTECH and also CSS.

Owing to the differences in their Proxia setup and my older cloned Lexia, would I be correct in saying that SUSPENSION ECOTECH is equal to the "Suspension" category on my Lexia, and "CSS" equating to "Variable Damping".

If it were the case then I could at least be safe in the knowledge that my BHI ECU ("Suspension" in Lexia) provides communication, albeit not with my cloned diagnostic!

Thanks you in advance. :-)
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: H3+ Does SUSPENSION _ECOTECH in Proxia = BHI ECU?

Post by wheeler »

CSS ? Is is a C6 ?
Do you have any issues with the multifunction screen or suspension ?
Proxia is now obsolete & has been for a few years now so any version the dealer is using will be quite old.
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

Wheeler,

Thankyou. Yes it is a C6 with H3+.

Sorry. I assumed Proxia because it was different to Lexia. Perhaps Diagbox is the dealership diagnostic? The print out says tool number: 07.02.

I am performing another work through on the car, to complete what I started last winter (new Monroe front spheres, new LDS tank and fluid, new FRIPs) The ride has been jerky and unsatisfactory for a year or so now, recently worse. I have a new rear strut to fit (weeping LDS) rear droplink (s) and both front hub carrier arms bushings now pushed in (no way I was going to spend £600 buying whole aluminium arms!). Am also sending the 4 rear spheres to Pleiades for regassing (they weren't doing C6 spheres last year, hence bought new Monroe ones. One had failed ruptured, anyway) Going to spray all contacts and height correctors with contact cleaner also. After this I will again re enter the ride height information via Lexia "Variable Damping".

So yes, I am hoping to find the answer to my post so I can exclude the possibility that the BHI is not working correctly or not performing its duties, thus contributing to unsatisfactory suspension. If the dealerships SUSPENSION ECOTECH = BHI ECU, I can live with the fact my Lexia might not communicate, as long as I know the lights are on and someone's home in there!

Thanks again.
Last edited by nickyg on 06 Jun 2013, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

nickyg wrote:Wheeler,

Thankyou. Yes it is a C6 with H3+.

Sorry. I assumed Proxia because it was different to Lexia. Perhaps Diagbox is the dealership diagnostic? The print out says tool number: 07.02.

Thanks again.
There is a 07.02 version of Diagbox, and would assume that's what they'd be using for a C6. :)

What version of Lexia are you running?
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

I'm running (from memory!) 3.45.

Will update in due course if that's not right. If not it will probably be 3.47. Again, only from memory. I've edited my last post with more info, also!

Thanks! :-D
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

That most likely is your problem nicky, your software is well out of date, and probably won't talk properly to a C6.

There are two different programs involved here - Lexia and Diagbox.

Lexia is the older software that has the huge yellow buttons and supports older model cars up to the early 2000's, including Xantia's and pre-facelift C5's. Some time around 2003-2004 they switched to Diagbox, which looks completely different. I know for example that a 2004 C4 Picasso needs Diagbox, not Lexia.

Diagbox is up to about 7.15 now, and as Ben says 7.02 is a recent version of Diagbox - just a few months old in fact. If you have Diagbox it will automatically launch a built in copy of Lexia as needed if you connect it to an old car like a Xantia, but newer models like the C4/C6 etc will use the Diagbox interface directly.

Lexia 3.45 is a version that pre-dates Diagbox altogether. If you connect this version to your C6 it may establish a dialogue with some (but not all) of the ECU's in the car, but you'll find that most of the functionality won't work. So you need to update your software to Diagbox.

Here is what Lexia looks like:

And this is Diagbox:

If you have a Chinese clone interface (no easy way to tell just looking at the box) the newest version of Diagbox that will work is 5.29, I'm not certain whether this is new enough for a C6, but depending on the age of your C6 it may do the trick.

If its not a Chinese clone then you should be able to run the very latest version which is 7.15, which will definitely do the job.

So try to download Diagbox 7.15 and install it, if you can't get it talking to the interface box you may have to search out Diagbox version 5.29. Near the end of the Bashe5 sticky thread you'll find more details.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

Thanks very much for the effort in helping me, guys.

I kinda knew it wasn't a very up to date version of Lexia (it is 3.45.12). It has done reasonably well for me, in all fairness! My C6 is a 2006/2007, I bought in 2009 (and the Lexia not long after) so not the newest.

My Lexia is indeed a low priced ebay affair. Likely Chinese clone. Have been wondering if it is upgradeable, but baulked at the idea in the past. Will have a look at the Diagbox thread and see if I can condense the information down to a few dos and donts if I decide to update, though have some useful information here already!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Hang on until trainman sees this thread. He has a C6 and a Lexia/Digbox and may well be able to give you more specific advice.
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

myglaren,

Yes,Trainman is indeed a most willing and helpful guy! I know him from c6owners, and he also is getting back to me after Friday with any hints on a possible remedy/explanation for my "Multifunction screen" not communicating, either in Lexia or dealers Diagbox.

For my part, I have delved a bit into the sub menus on my Lexia. Just clicking through on the non responsive "Suspension" category brings up the further category SUSPENSION ECOTECH! Simple, I know, but as it doesn't communicate over and over again, I guess I just neglected to go further into a non responsive sub menu!

So, barring anything weird, I guess we can say that SUSPENSION ECOTECH ECU as seen on a dealership Diagbox 07.02 is indeed the same as the "Suspension" ECU on my older Lexia, and the fact that there were no issues on thier Diagbox is good enough for me. This is the ECU mounted on the BHI. So I can put thoughts of an issue there to bed. It will be nice to have access soon though, as electrovalve parameters etc are accessed through that ECU.

Going forward, then, I have spent a couple of hours grounding myself with the ins and outs of updating to Diagbox, Ive read the Bashe 5 thread, and multiple threads on MHHauto site. (Auto;professionals, linking from the bashe 5 thread, is not accepting registrations, and therefore I cannot access).

I gather I need to update to Diagbox 5.02, then patch in updates up to, but not beyond 5.29.

The links provided by scarymistake MHHauto for 5.02 are dated and not working, and I cannot seem to find a download file with 5.02 anywhere that doesnt flag my security software! I'm currently downloading 5.29, but am unsure as to the viability of installing it straight in. (As before, seems to be you need to go v5.02 > v5.29 perhaps through the interim updates. Frankly not too sure at this point though!)

I also gather there is a reflashing option that will have (even older chinese clones) furnished with diagbox 7.xx. For around £50-£80 I will seriously consider this if I cant make any headway with my task of getting v5.29 onto my device.

Again, thanks for the input everyone!

Nicky :-)
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

I'll see if I can find you some direct download links for 7.02 and 5.29. I have some of the files already in my rapidshare account and I'm sure I have the rest on one of my machines that I can upload. Watch this space. :)
Simon

1978 CX 2400
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Mandrake wrote:
Lexia is the older software that has the huge yellow buttons and supports older model cars up to the early 2000's, including Xantia's and pre-facelift C5's. Some time around 2003-2004 they switched to Diagbox, which looks completely different. I know for example that a 2004 C4 Picasso needs Diagbox, not Lexia.
That's not quite right, diagbox was not around till at least 2008. The C6 & C4 Picasso were out well before that & Lexia can fully communicate with both of them. Even the old Proxia & Lexia 2 machines can fully work with both of these cars if you have the full CAN interface lead.
The biggest problem is cheap copy Lexia's are known to give problems when trying to connect to full CAN cars.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

wheeler wrote: That's not quite right, diagbox was not around till at least 2008. The C6 & C4 Picasso were out well before that & Lexia can fully communicate with both of them. Even the old Proxia & Lexia 2 machines can fully work with both of these cars if you have the full CAN interface lead.
The biggest problem is cheap copy Lexia's are known to give problems when trying to connect to full CAN cars.
That doesn't tally with my experience, and I can only go by what I've seen. I've scanned RichardW's 2004 C4 Picasso a couple of times now, my interface is not one of the Chinese clones with blacklisted chips that can only go up to V5.29, it a 100% compatible interface that runs the latest version of Diagbox without issues on all the cars I've tried so far.

I've scanned Richards C4 a couple of times now, once with Diagbox 6.24 and more recently with 7.06. In both instances Diagbox works perfectly with it with dialogue with all ECU's, if I try to launch Lexia it recognises a couple of the ECU's but there is almost no functionality available in the menus, as if its more of a place holder.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps recent versions of Lexia have functionality stripped out for later models that are now supported by Diagbox. Either way Lexia 3.45 is quite old and I still think it predates the age of the C6 in question, so trying with the latest compatible version of Diagbox is still worth a shot.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

Ok,

First off, thanks everyone and Mandrake in particular, as he PMd me the direct download links for diagbox 7.02.

Now, I've downloaded, installed at the 4th or 5th time of asking with an Iso mount (it worked eventually by having internet on and essentially clicking Ok once to everything comodo firewall flagged.. Not sure if I done right there!) , and had the Lexia unit hooked up between netbook and the C6. It worked. Well kind of!

At first, I hastily clicked global test with no ignition on, thinking I might be prompted to turn the key and/or enter my RPO. It didn't, and scanned, so basically only saw the bhi and had a communication error message for most else.

At 100% done it seemed to be stuck for a long time. Had to remove obd2 and restart windows I am the end up, in order to re open diagbox.

Second time I performed a global test I got much better communication with ignition on, didn't read ignition ECU, nor my previous nemeses, the suspension and multifunction screen categories.

It hadn't finished by the time eco mode kicked in and, again, seemed to freeze for a long time. Again had to remove obd2 and restart netbook completely.

That's as far as I've got for now.

II would really like to know, however, just what setup with regards to wifi , antivirus, firewall etc I should be employing? I did try at first with everything switched completely off, but, as I say, after finally getting a successful installation by having internet connected I have since kept all active and clicked through any flags.

So, in summary, 7.02 is sort of working on my C6 and El cheapo lexia with previous version being 3.45.12 There are a ton of connection flags in Comodo that diagbox gives me, and I just allow them one by one with fingers crossed!

The diagnostic procedure itself (thus far) is slow and the software quite unresponsive. I get the impression during my brief usage that I'm not gaining access to the full suite of diagbox tools.

Btw, I'm running in an Samsung NC10 2gb ram Atom netbook, with xp SP3.

Any comments welcome!

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I remember that my Lexia took time to run through all the global tests, but as Gracie is a Xantia I didn't get eco mode. Is there any way to increase the time delay before eco mode kicks in?

My Lexia is running on a Toshiba NB250, 2GB RAM, and an Atom N455 processor.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

Just another update.

Had another play about with the diagnostic there for a while.

This session was much smoother. Had a good poke about. Deactivated TPMS and altered emergency call settings for telematics ECU. Can't say I like the logic of the layout yet, though!

Didn't deactivate any security on the netbook, but I assume the firewall must have listed to be less aggressive with the repeating flags. Ran engine when global testing to negate eco mode.

Interesting observations at my end thus far, especially when compared to dealers identical 7.02 diagnostic and my previous "old" lexia 3.45

-number one is that 7.02 actually works!
-error in communication (still!) with multifunction screen and suspension categories. Remember, dealers 7.02 diagbox saw suspension, but not the multifunction screen.
-Injection ecu not fully recognised. Can manually select from a series of options in a sub menu. Possibly as I had an injection software update last week. The software dating was very recent.
-CD changer has stopped working and being recognised after my first 2 stalled sessions. Not sure what to make of this.
-No inputting of RPOs needed in diagbox? I wasn't asked, as in the old Lexia.
-No option to "Test by function" as in old lexia, or to keep trying an individual ECU for communication? I sat through a lot of global tests just now!

That's enough for now. Hope some of this has been of use to somebody!