Recent scrapyard visit

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Recent scrapyard visit

Post by spider »

Sorry no pics did not take camera :(

I'd not been for quite a while.

Its not really changed apart from newer cars, plenty of 406's and late 306's in there including HDi's. Did not appear to be much initially wrong with them either, but you never know.

Did not see any really modern Citroens though I should add, plenty of late Saxo's and some late 106's (and 03 plate with no apparent damage, suspect engine or axle was the reason) and a couple of 51 plate 206's

Did not get what I wanted either :evil: could not find what I was after typically although to be fair (I'll spare you as to why :oops: ) I was after some slightly odd parts: lower column cowling from a new shape but N plate 106 (has to be new shape and keypad as the transponder cowling is different) and an early (94 or 95) AX 1.5D inlet manifold. No AX's there at all.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Recent scrapyard visit

Post by spider »

I guess I'll have to wait or see if there is another one, although there does not *appear* to be a decent one where you can "walk around" within a sensible distance it seems.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I miss the scrappy we had at Northampton (although one day when particularly fed up with people nicking parts to sell and standing on bonnets, he wanted to charge Jim a ridiculous amount for parts which left a bad taste in the mouth) as they'd let us walk around and remove parts ourselves. It was great for practicing some of the tricky jobs too.
I went along one day to look for parts and the entire yard was bare :(
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

That seems to be the case nowadays, as most cars seem to be shipped off to Eastern Europe or China pdq, only leaving cars that the scrappers can earn money off, especially when they remove the parts and add the labour costs onto the 'normal' selling price.

Luckily, Ive still got one or two scrappers yards that I can wander about in nearby, but PSA do seem to be very thin on the ground, many cars older than five yaers just go staight into the bins for processing. :shock: Means more journeys to France for parts, but that does have its compensations. =D>

H
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

a lot of the cars that appear to have nothing wrong with them could quite possibly be the back log fromt he scrappage scheme!
quite often up the yard in the vilage they have ones like it, pretty much driven in and parked until they are de-fluided! (not overly sure thats actually a real word!!)
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Timmo, for "de-fluided" you could use " drained", as that would have the correct meaning.

Googling (how I hate that 'verb' :twisted: ) throws up a whole load of stuff about de fluid, but most of it is foreign, ie not from Kernow. :lol: :lol: :lol:

H
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Aha! Drained! That's what I was thinking! Brain had switched to simpleton mode (as it often does! ;-) ) hence the random creation of defluided! :-D
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor