C5 X7 wiper blade advice.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

C5 X7 wiper blade advice.

Post by qprdude »

I'm off to Surrey from Aberdeenshire next week, and my drivers side wiper is leaving a bit of a trail across the centre part about 50 mm wide. It doesn't bother me locally, but it would drive me mental on the motorway. Halfords have the 28" one I need but is there any advantage to fitting a Bosch one over a Halfords one? The price difference is about £1.50p. :?:

Any advice would be welcome
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
reblack68
My Cars:

Re: C5 X7 wiper blade advice.

Post by reblack68 »

I wouldn't fit Bosch blades if they were free. You only get one good wipe before they wear out, and you use that up trying them out after you fit them.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

reblack68 wrote:I wouldn't fit Bosch blades if they were free. You only get one good wipe before they wear out, and you use that up trying them out after you fit them.
Huh? My newish Bosch blades have had plenty of use over the past 4 months, still whisper quiet and clean the screen perfectly. Only way I would be disappointed with them is if the degraded rapidly over the next couple of months, If they don't then I'd certainly buy the same ones again.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

AERO BLADES

I bought Aero wiper blades from this seller on ebay recently, after the previous set on my Xantia finally gave up the ghost after three years or so. They are a piece of cake to fit, operate perfectly silently and are very effective at smear-free clearing.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

C5 X7 has 28" blades GP. Those guys don't sell them.
Rick.

mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

I try not to buy blades in the warmer weather as either the light or heat kills them and they dot get much use.
But I found halfords own did not last long at all compared to Bosch. And the Bosch were quieter.
I get them online now but have not bought any yet for my x7
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

I got my last ones for my Saab online at Ebay, and I took them off and put the old ones back on as they were dreadful ( they were cheapos so my own fault really). I'm just worried about paying £20 for a crappy wiper. I think the X7 blades should be a bit quieter because of the large sweep and the washer water spray being spread over the whole screen, so less dry spots to wear the rubber.
Rick.

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Put on a Bosch Aero today. Seems fine with the washers. The smear in the centre has now gone and the new blade is smooth, but not tried in proper conditions yet. £20 ish from Halfords. The Halfords one was £19 + so not a lot in it pricewise.
Rick.