I just have to say...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

I just have to say...

Post by Northern_Mike »

This forum, and club-XM are really very nice places to be. I've been around some other car forums looking for advice, and quite frankly, those forums are full of knobs.

Makes me want to buy a Citroen just so I can come on here..

Thanks all..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: I just have to say...

Post by CitroJim »

Thank you for those kind words Mike. I can't comment as the only two forums I frequent are this one and Club-XM but yes, on the occasions I've ventured onto others they don't seem as friendly as these... The LPG Forum is not bad...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I agree too nice atmosphere on here. :)

I'm sure the admin team appreciate the kind comments too, as generally (at least in my experience with forums) positive feedback tend to be rare, not out of ignorance just that like reviews I guess you tend to only hear the bad.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

I agree, I have seen some forums around where often the response to a technical question that is deemed to be too "silly" is:
"Take it to a mechanic, you don't know what you're doing"

It's great to come here and get good, friendly advice from the resident experts. :-D

Alex
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I also agree that this is a nice forum, even though at the moment despite owning a peugeot the only really french bit about it is the badge on the bonnet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or if I were to count the wifes (soon to be ex) mini deisel maybe the engine is french related worked over by Germans. Anyway after next week wont ever have to set eyes or foot on it again [-o< [-o<
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I have to mirror those thoughts Mike, I have been on quite a few forums over my car history and find this one and Club-XM totally different in the best way possible.

I would also really miss attending a Citroen gathering if I didn't have a Citroen, having been to other car meets, they are not the same either.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

Fantastic forum , it's always the first one I go on before any other , very friendly and I always look forward to the shows .

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
andy5
(Donor 2022)

Post by andy5 »

Northern_Mike wrote:This forum, and club-XM are really very nice places to be. I've been around some other car forums looking for advice, and quite frankly, those forums are full of knobs.

Makes me want to buy a Citroen just so I can come on here..

Thanks all..
I entirely agree, albeit I'm late to say so.

I just remembered this thread after reading some of the absurd levels of argument that burst out in a certain other place, like a question that has about six sensible replies and then heads downhill for a few dozen more.