Was told to get rid of the cars

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

stu9

Was told to get rid of the cars

Post by stu9 »

Was at a mates last night I hadnt seen for a while...I took the bike as I hadnt been on in over a month, but during the visit I said I had a C5 and 306 both hdi's....he said "what the hell, 2 French cars, bad enough one but 2 ffs, get rid, the C5's a boat, looks crap, to wollowy need I go on, as for the 306, looks ok but like a shoe box, decent handling but still crap, and both are riddled with leccy faults". He said, "Im not saying that because their just French, I've had 3 Citroens and one was a C5 hatch and wouldnt take either in a lucky bag".

I said apart from wear/tear, everything has it's faults even your Mondy St....he's got a point though
Last edited by stu9 on 06 Apr 2013, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Was told to get rid of the cars

Post by spider »

I think with the excess of electrickery evident in *all* modern cars they are all starting to have odd problems now.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

Everyone has a right to their opinion, there are many (especially here) who would disagree with your friend.

It seems the general thing to bash French cars for no other reason than for being French.

As for the "rubbish French electronics" argument, I can't say I've had much trouble with any of mine to speak of, and to be honest electrical bits and bobs are a pain in the backside no matter where the car was built and it's all down to luck it seems.
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Haha.

Nothing wrong with 306s or C5s.

If you want bizarre electrical problems, you really need a MK4 Golf...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

What a load of rubbish the fellow spouted. It's probably indicative of their trajectory through life. Find a replacement friend.
andy5
(Donor 2022)

Post by andy5 »

stu9 wrote:Was at a mates last night I hadnt seen for a while...I took the bike as I hadnt been on in over a month, but during the visit I said I had a C5 and 306 both hdi's....he said "what the hell, 2 French cars, bad enough one but 2 ffs, get rid, the C5's a boat, looks crap, to wollowy need I go on, as for the 306, looks ok but like a shoe box, decent handling but still crap, and both are riddled with leccy faults". He said, "Im not saying that because their just French, I've had 3 Citroëns and one was a C5 hatch and wouldnt take either in a lucky bag".

I said apart from wear/tear, everything has it's faults even your Mondy St....he's got a point though
Was this a rejected script from one of those Private Eye Great Bores of Today cartoons?
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Aye
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

I thought it was the Missus who was telling you to get rid. If she has a decent wage and pays a lot of bills, have a listen.
As for a mate, the usual reply will do " you talk some loadapish" :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2