Scrap yard or E-bay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kinrsole
My Cars:

Scrap yard or E-bay

Post by kinrsole »

Hi just bought a xantia to replace my ZX but I not sure what to do with the ZX.
It's a K reg Volcane 5 door with 159000 mile on the clock.It leaks a bit of oil from the back of the engine but i'm not sure from where exactly.It has done this for the last 60000 mile or so.The turbo whistles,the paint is flaking on the front bumper, there is a scrape on the front wing,and the MOT has run out but I have not tried to re-test it.The car runs like a good un and has never let me down for the last 6 years/120000 miles that I've had it.
Is it worth selling it for spares or repare or is it stright to the scrappy?
cheers
KinRsole
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Stick it on ebay & with a reserve or on this forum & if it dont sell then scrap it.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Stick it on e-bay like PowerLee says. It will cost you pence to list it.
debutant
My Cars:

Post by debutant »

If the car doesn't sell, DON't scrap it! Offer it for free on this forum, as there is always someone you can make happy with it! I have done this with my Xantia and the guy that ownes it now is very happy with it and its driving smoothly!
There is no such thing as a scrap yard for a Citroen! [:D][:I]
Cheers,
John
debutant
My Cars:

Post by debutant »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

Stick it on e-bay like PowerLee says. It will cost you pence to list it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Stuart,
You have read the topic regarding my Xantia, didn't you?
Never send a Citroen to a scrap yard! More than enough people on this forum to give a Cit away (even when its only for parts). My Xantia is at the new owner now and I am sure it will be around for many years to come!
Cheers,
John
bbrucez
My Cars:

Post by bbrucez »

I agree re Ebay but why put a reserve if you're thinking of scrapping it? Scrappies charge you and you have to get it there. I sold my pug 205GLD with blown head gasket for £3.20 on Ebay. The bloke came to collect it, gave me £4 and said keep the change! Then he admitted he'd put a proxy bid of £30 so had got a bargain.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I've given away two BXs to forum members. Both are now alive and well (And so are their
BXs). My current BX was given to me by a member of this forum, glad that it cheated the Breaker's yard. Those of us who love them would rather see them passed on to good homes than scrapped and if we get the cars for nothing, it justifies the repair costs, making the cars viable again
Specify that you would prefer to see it go to somebody who will love it back to life and feel good about it. You just saved the planet the cost of making a new one!
kinrsole
My Cars:

Post by kinrsole »

Cheers for the replies.
E-bay is the first port of call.