Is this the place to discuss beer?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

CitroJim wrote:IE as far as I'm concerned is the work of Lucifer himself...
Don't trust IE at all, find it unsafe. I've just reinstalled Win7 on my laptop and downloaded Firefox immediately. Much easier browser to work with.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Is this the place to discuss beer?

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: Jim, have you tried Chromium?
No, but I really should I guess...

Even though FF on Linux I find absolutely adequate...

QPR, sorry to drag this off topic again... Back to beer I guess although not for me :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Eddie Nuff wrote:
CitroJim wrote:IE as far as I'm concerned is the work of Lucifer himself...
Don't trust IE at all, find it unsafe. I've just reinstalled Win7 on my laptop and downloaded Firefox immediately. Much easier browser to work with.
According to our pen testers and IS security guys, and we have some good ones here, IE is the safest browser out there. I have no problems with IE9 at all. I find Chrome won't run some pages where data is entered. It won't even display ITV's TV guide page properly on my laptop. I have issues with other sites in Chrome that I don't with IE.

IE also gets updated properly and regularly. The others don't.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Northern_Mike wrote: IE also gets updated properly and regularly. The others don't.
Firepox under Linux is updated at least once a month Mike... As often as Internet Exploder at least...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Northern_Mike wrote: IE also gets updated properly and regularly. The others don't.
IE gets updated at most once every month on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, and that's just security fixes. Major feature releases are about once a year.
Chrome and Firefox have a major version about once every 6 weeks with features and security fixes. Also security fixes are generally released days after they are made aware. Chrome even has bug bounties for security bugs being reported with cash rewards, so adds incentive for hackers to actually report them rather than just exploit them. IE ones will just be exploited and be in the wild before MS get to be aware of them.

IE does have the benefit of being able to be controlled in a corporate windows environment, hence making it slightly more secure for corporations. But the others have had some progress in that area.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Ben82 wrote: IE does have the benefit of being able to be controlled in a corporate windows environment
You mean crippled to the point of being barely usable :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh, what you can do with GPOs :twisted: They just make me feel Generally P**d Off :lol:
Jim

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

GPOs are great, but the power can be addictive
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Xac wrote:GPOs are great, but the power can be addictive
Especially the software installation part ;) used to be able to get most of the software required for users installed pretty much by getting the computer added to the domain and putting it in the right group. :)
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Concentrate on installing beer.

Beer doesn't crash or run slow.
It won't give you a virus and fill your glass with spam.
You don't need a password or other log-in details to open a beer.
Anyone can open your beer, without risking your security.
You can drink many kinds of beer without a compatibility problem.
You don't need to clear out a cache or history with beer, simply rinse the glass and you're ready to go again.
Beer can be mixed to make it sweeter or less potent, browsers cannot be mixed.
You don't have to carry beer around with you , it can be accessed almost anywhere in the world without having your own personal supply in a case.
Beer can make women look more beautiful without resorting to dodgy websites.
Sitting on you're bum in front of a computer makes you fat. Beer makes you fat too, but you get beer with it.
Beer makes millions of pounds in profits for nations throughout the whole world, browsers make millions of dollars in profit for one nation. (almost)
Beer manufacturers pay taxes in the country where they operate. ??
Beer has been used for thousands of years, browsers used to go to the library.
You can't press a button on a beer and start a World war.
Stick to beer, you know it makes sense.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.