C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11836
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2005

C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

Hi guys....I'm Fresh Meat :)

Have run a \C5 for 5 years (2002 2ltr HDI) Exclusive with all the bits....but it DEAD now with both Radius arms gone/One rear strut leaking and 2 new frnt calipers needed.
The Car had Full leather, SatNav etc etc.

I have just picked up a 63k miles 2005 Facelift 1.6D VTR.

My question is what can I swap over before the scrap yard attacks :), can I move the Elec Leather seats, CD changer, auto Wing Mirrors, Auto rear view dip mirror...??



PS/ Anybody need a 52mpg engine (solid no leaks, low oil use) Good gearbox, RT3 radio Sat Nav (latest maps) Alloys etc etc or is ebay best ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
Posts: 11778
Joined: 02 Apr 2005, 16:11
x 1240

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Peter.N. »

Hi and welcome to the forum

I think I would have repaired it, if you can do it yourself, if you have to pay its probably not worth it. I would relieve you of it if you are anywhere near me.

Assuming the body is basically the same as the earlier one, and I think it is, you can change the seats over OK, I have done it a couple of times. Don't know about the other stuff but I think you probably could, I'm pretty sure the wiring is present for the CD player.

I have just fitted an HP diesel pump to mine, now I have to do the radius arm bearings but I'm waiting for the warmer weather.

Peter
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11836
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2005

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

Hello and thanks for the welcome

I have been told the bearing "sockets" are oval in one of the radius arms and the other is more than likely the same , this I am told is a "replacement necessary" situation and would be £400 a side Two calipers, £100 per side, strut, £150-250

Some other bits and kits, £200....so the total would be about £1k to 1.2k total, seems like this is too much !

Is the wiring system the same between the cars ?.....I am a bit of a nooby with sparks :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
citroenxm
Fallen Hero
Posts: 8061
Joined: 30 Dec 2004, 23:10
x 70

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by citroenxm »

If you have space, KEEP the Two Litre 8v engine! They are so far the BEST hdi engine SO far, with the LEAST issues.

Though the later 2.0 16v engine is comming close too...

Where are you Stickyfingers??
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
h2ocooler
Posts: 275
Joined: 01 Aug 2006, 00:35

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by h2ocooler »

If you decide to break it Put me down for the nearside headlamp washer jet assembly if it has them please.
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11836
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2005

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

Hi

I'm in Somerset UK

No washers on this, only thing not fitted :(....Nice Cream Leather however


Edit....bugger, just noticed the lights on the radio don't work....rasp
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
Posts: 11778
Joined: 02 Apr 2005, 16:11
x 1240

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Peter.N. »

...or if you want to sell it complete - is it still taxed?

Peter
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11836
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2005

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

Happy to sell it, not taxed or MOT however.....I am up between Shepton and Frome....car is nr Sturminster Newton at the garage
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
Posts: 11778
Joined: 02 Apr 2005, 16:11
x 1240

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Peter.N. »

Is it driveable?
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11836
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2005

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

Yes....all good, but it has the Clunk crack of radius bearings :)...and the handbrake is not working (but it hasn't for 6 months :) ) Air-Con does not work (never did :( )
Zero warning lights...been getting 52/38mph, gearbox good.....needs a new drivers door handle (to be fitted, I have the part)
Full Sat Nav on Dayton RT3....works really good. Cream Leather, electric seats, drivers seat colour worn but no splits, cruse, parking sensors , no Particulate filter, No problems with gear box, new Alternator, New Cam Belt with pulleys, new Injectors 2 years year ago

ali1kj at AOL dot com
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
Posts: 11778
Joined: 02 Apr 2005, 16:11
x 1240

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Peter.N. »

Have you a price in mind? What colour is it?

Peter
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11836
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2005

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

I do have a price in mind :) and its colour is Light Metallic Blue.

Send me an EMail to.................. ali1kj at AOL dot com
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
Posts: 11778
Joined: 02 Apr 2005, 16:11
x 1240

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Peter.N. »

Email sent.
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11836
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2005

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

Car Not sold.....

So....will the Electric Leather Seats from a Mk1 2002 fit in a 2005 facelift (with RT4 radio) car ?
Auto Dip interior Mirror ?
Elec + auto close wing mirrors ?
Parking sensors ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
Posts: 11778
Joined: 02 Apr 2005, 16:11
x 1240

Re: C5 1.6HDI 2005 vxr / swap over parts from 2002

Unread post by Peter.N. »

My Haynes manual covers models from 2001 - 2008 so that suggests to me that they are basically the same, I am pretty certain that that seats will fit anyway.

Peter