Mileage with Lexia ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Mileage with Lexia ?

Post by spider »

Is there any way I can plug in a set of Saxo instruments into my 106 (they actually plug in and function apart from the speedometer as best as I can tell but I know that is a one wire change in most cases) and adjust the mileage with my Lexia ?

I could not see anything in PP to do this although I'm only asking to save expense of a visit elsewhere and I read in the Citroen forum that some Lexia's can do the miles, although that may be 'plexed vehicles only, then again...

The alternative is to dismantle and desolder if needed the controller for it and swap it (or just the speedo if that would work) across.

I'm not up to no good, just want it as it should be.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Mileage with Lexia ?

Post by wheeler »

Im not aware of any way to alter the milage on any car with Lexia or PP.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

As far as I know, the mileage is registered in the ECU and cannot be edited.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

There's no shortage of places who reset mileage; all advertise as though they only do it for legitimate reasons - but who knows?
spider

Post by spider »

MikeT wrote:As far as I know, the mileage is registered in the ECU and cannot be edited.
No ECU, well the mileage is held in the panel on this for sure. It does have an ECU although its only pump timing control same as the later XUD units.

I may dismantle the panel and see if there's a chip on the speedometer unit failing that its on the PCB itself.

I know where you're coming from with it being held in the ECU and the panel itself, but that's usually restricted to 'plexed cars to prevent clocking as you know it attempts to take the higher of both and pass it between both.

Reasons is simply to gain a temp gauge on the trusty 106 as the wiring is present (yes really) although I'm not having it gain a few thousand K just for that. :D

I may have to look at a third party, as I say I can see why there's a bit of hesitance in this topic but I can assure its 100% legit what I'm doing, plus I've just had an MOT so the miles are on that too. If the mileage was within a few 1000 higher on the donor panel I'd not bother asking as that would be near enough.

It is a longer term project as I've got to replace the (surface mount) leds to get it amber not green so it matches. :oops:

This reminds me of the 'entertainment' I had putting one of those old Astra digi dashes into a chavalier, it did work and I enjoy a bit of electrickery sometimes, preferably when its not freezing outside though.
Andy.

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Apologies for my unhelpful response, Spider, and I wasn't inferring I was frowning on the idea of changing the mileage. However, if you pop over to the kaos forums (don't have link right now but a google should get you there) you just may find advice for a solution :wink:
spider

Post by spider »

MikeT wrote:Apologies for my unhelpful response, Spider, and I wasn't inferring I was frowning on the idea of changing the mileage. However, if you pop over to the kaos forums (don't have link right now but a google should get you there) you just may find advice for a solution :wink:
No its fine. :) , if said instructions (assuming it was easily possible I did suspect it was not) then I'd be alarmed too.

Worse case scenario is to take the PCB from the original and fit it to the donor or the speedo head itself but that depends if its suitable for a gauge as well.

Will investigate link thanks. :)
Andy.