Weather warnings?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mooseshaver
My Cars:

Re: Weather warnings?

Post by mooseshaver »

There was a bit in Cockermouth but nothing on the roads. Now just icy wind. Heated seats for journey home
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

There is flurries here on the coast today, noy lying though you don't need to go far inland to find it. It's baltic tho with the easterly wind, car says 0* with wind chill feels about -20*!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
beko1987
My Cars: 2002 Xsara HDI 110

Post by beko1987 »

It's raining heavily in Marlow, no snow yet though. We are forecast it for later this weekend.
Doesn't bother me, the ZX excelled in the snow in Jan, cant wait to play in the white stuff if it comes. My handbrake works now...
1997 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen XM
1994 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen Xantia
2005 Renault Laguna
2001 Renault Laguna
2002 Peugeot 406

1997 Citroen ZX
2002 Citroen Xsara
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Dry with occasional drizzle down here Mike but bitterly cold :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Had some snow in the early hours (an inch maybe two) mostly turned to slush now though. Its bitterly cold probably too cold for snow now but I see the odd flake falling nothing more. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Been blowing fine powdery stuff on and off all day here but nothing lying on the roads. It just makes it miserable for a stroll down to the pub.
It's getting a bit windy though so maybe a night by the telly with a beer or three is called for.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
mendedit
My Cars:

Post by mendedit »

Well....I've been out and about in my Speedo's today, it was a bit chilly choosing a chicken in the Supermarket.
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

mendedit wrote:bit chilly choosing a chicken in the Supermarket
You must have been in the frozen chickens section?

On north Merseyside we had 2-3" early this morning, making estate roads slippery & slushey, but roads clear now. Still snowing, but not lying, and the easterly wind is cold. Last winter, the winter tyres were off the car by now, but not this year. Waiting till temperatures climb above 7 degrees
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

superloopy wrote:Guys, this has double posted due to my ineptitude when it comes to all things techie. Never mind eh, snow wont be around for long :smile:
Threads merged Mike.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

superloopy wrote:
... bottle of red, feet up, watch the match :smile:

Still no snow on the northeast coast, good news!
superloopy wrote:Guys, this has double posted due to my ineptitude when it comes to all things techie. Never mind eh,
you sure it aint the bottle of red or three :shock: :-D :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

superloopy wrote:
qprdude wrote: Still no snow on the northeast coast, good news!
Certainly is good news, I'm bored with snow :lol: Still, it doesn't stop the gritters :twisted:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The Independent is reporting that there will be gas rationing soon and the Sellafield reprocessing plant has shut down.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: the Sellafield reprocessing plant has shut down.
Ahh and that's the reason for the bad weather is it then Steve? Knowing our press... lack of leaking radiation upsetting the space-time continuum I suppose :roll: :lol:

A little snow here this morning... A mere dusting but otherwise quite pleasant for the time of year...

Looking at the BBC this morning on the web I can only assume some areas are buried in 20 ft blizzards and likely to be cut off for several weeks going by the articles offering survival tips.. one of its offerings is 'Sir Ranulph Fiennes: Tips on coping with icy weather' :roll: :twisted: Surely it's not that bad?

It not news. It March for gawd's sake. And it's Britain. These things happen. As the Post Office adverts on telly says 'The weather does all sorts of things...'

It does.

I'm off to despair on how bloody soft and pathetic this country seems to have got...

Chris, the more the gritters go mad the sooner they'll run out of the infernal stuff... This island really does have a terrible grit fetish :evil: No bloody need of it, that's for sure...

When I hear lots of people complaining that nobody knows how to drive on ice and snow or even in bad weather we as a nation have a serious problem that needs addressing urgently.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
myglaren wrote: the Sellafield reprocessing plant has shut down.
Ahh and that's the reason for the bad weather is it then Steve? Knowing our press... lack of leaking radiation upsetting the space-time continuum I suppose :roll: :lol:

A little snow here this morning... A mere dusting but otherwise quite pleasant for the time of year...

Looking at the BBC this morning on the web I can only assume some areas are buried in 20 ft blizzards and likely to be cut off for several weeks going by the articles offering survival tips.. one of its offerings is 'Sir Ranulph Fiennes: Tips on coping with icy weather' :roll: :twisted: Surely it's not that bad?
The day I take tips off Ranulph Fiennes for coping in icy weather, the man who always seems to be on the telly for having failed at an expedition in the cold, for having got frostbite or done something stupid that clearly means he *isn't* coping with the cold and ice, will be a sad day...
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Most of ours is going, glorious day today, hope it stays that way, until ~October now :)

Looks like this, and same view back in December.

There's a french car in the pics (but not mine).
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!