106 MOT day :)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

106 MOT day :)

Post by spider »

Dropped it off an hour ago, lets see what horrors (!) that brings.

Should not be to bad hopefully although I've not had much time to do anything to it, what with the weather lately and some bad events the past few months in real life.

At least all the lights work correctly now and do not interact. To be fair it was only a reverse light out and a fog light that would only work when it felt like and the offside was slightly dimmer than the nearside.

I spent an hour yesterday cleaning up the corroded circuit board and the car side plug on one rear light and the same for both side repeaters, I actually managed to find some replacement side repeater bulb holders in the end as PSA changed the plug one them around 2000 so earlier ones will not fit without a bit of soldering. The only difficult part was cleaning the internals of the multiplug on the rear lights (the car end)

New springs due to a breakage a couple of weeks ago (very odd breakage too locked the wheel never seen a Saxo / 106 spring break before either ever) , pair of lower arms last month and one top mount the month before.

Timing belt and tensioners I did last year so should not break on the emission test, although foolishly i did not change the water pump as its looked suspiciously new. I wish I had now as there was not new coolant in it then but *shrugs* I guessed whoever did the pump "inserts bad words here" re-used the old belt ( yes it was bad too, when I first saw it I did not want to run the engine never mind drive to fetch a tensioner kit :D ) and just filled with water, perhaps it was leaking and they wanted the cheapest possible fix although I'd of not wanted to refit that belt really. Wish I'd taken a pic of it now.

We'll see, as long as there's no rear axle problems (!) should be fine I guess.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 106 MOT day :)

Post by spider »

Exits with pass paper in hand, one minor advisory usual 106/Saxo thing: Slight signs of corrosion on front to rear brake pipe. Will take a closer look when the weather improves, probably a cleanup.

Had two new hub nuts popped on while there too (already had collected them) as a bit too cold for that and the peening was a cause of concern on the old ones.

MOT and that tiny job £30 all in. :) :) :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: 106 MOT day :)

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent news Andy :-D =D>
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...