Is this the place to discuss beer?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Is this the place to discuss beer?

Post by qprdude »

:wink: And I'm going to have another Brahma, if my owner allows it!
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Right, that's it! I am definitely going to Tesco before my next visit to CitroJim. It looks like I found something shiny!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

CitroJim wrote:I'm here enjoying a nice cup of Twinings decaffeinated Earl Grey in a Citroen mug..

In fact I've so enjoyed this one I'm going to have another...
Dare I bring the cat discussion back... our cat is called Earl Grey :D (deliberately, he's a dark grey, so you get the idea :))
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Ben82 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:I'm here enjoying a nice cup of Twinings decaffeinated Earl Grey in a Citroen mug..

In fact I've so enjoyed this one I'm going to have another...
Dare I bring the cat discussion back... our cat is called Earl Grey :D (deliberately, he's a dark grey, so you get the idea :))
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Getting back to chocolate (qprdude ain't going to like me for this), has anybody tried the Gu Chocolate Souffles? A SERIOUS chocolate hit. 30 seconds in the microwave, 5 minutes in the ramakin (if you have strong self discipline), and the grin lasts for hours. To get really decadent add some double cream.

PS Rumoured to be more addictive than heroin!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Sister brought some choccy truffles from France last time home. MMMmmmm. Have ordered some more. Should go nicely with my search for the perfect BEER!!!
Rick.

handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Just a quick tip. Chocolate and microwaves dont mix, always use a gentle form of heating, like immersing in hot water. Microwaves cause chocolate molecules to seperate and form hard crystalline structures.

If you want real chocolate truffles, PM me and I'll send you the email details for you to order on line from Chocolate Cookie. Keep it local, you know it makes sense! =D> :roll:

Thinking about making another mash. It might just be a chocolate flavoured beer this time! :mrgreen: =D> [-o< 8-[

Handyman
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Damn you; twenty years on the wagon and now my mouth is watering.
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Shame you're soooo far away Addo, you'd be welcome to drop in for a sampler. Mind, if you start out now, the brew will be just about ready in two to three weeks. Not sure how well it would travel to the Antipodes, though. [-X

H
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

qprdude wrote:For me, beer shouldn't be about the strength, but the taste and enjoyment.
Strength is often a mask for taste
Completely agree. Same point can be made of curry.

For me British beer is the best . . . but none of the carbonated crap. Real ale from small breweries, hand-pull only and it must have a head of at least a half inch. I never ask the guy what it tastes like or if I can have a taster, just buy it, sup it and then decide whether I like it or not.

Where lager is concerned I find Polish or Czech is the best. Tyskie or Zywiec from Poland or Staropramen from the Czech Republic. And when we go to Greece you can't beat Mythos! :-D =P~
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:As far as I aware, Waitrose don't (yet) have a distribution center in Scotland, although I would assume that they would be looking to set one up.
A new RDC opens in Chorley very soon serving the north and Scotland.
Andy F
My Cars:

Post by Andy F »

I am currently on a stag weekend where we have done the 'rail ale trail'. Its an old branch line between Exeter St Davids and Barnstaple with numerous pubs along the line which advertise themselves as part of the tour.

Lovely day soaking in the Devon country side and the brews of many south west micro breweries. Such as Bays of Torbay, Cotleigh brews and of course one of my favourites, Doom Bar. Also, I dont ride on trains very often so it was a nice change of pace. Highly recommend if you get the chance and enjoy your ales.

Despite the pubs signing up for the scheme and happy to expect large groups, I did feel sorry or them when 24 of us piled into the tiny local pubs!
1999 Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi 110 Estate
2001 Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi 110 LX
1999 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi 90
1983 T25 VW camper
1994 Mini 1275 35th Anniversary Edition - sold
2007 C8 2.0 HDi 136 Exclusive - sold
Previous AXs
1987 11RE
1987 11TRE
1995 Dimension
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

There was a TV programme about a similar tour in Yorkshire. The pubs didn't mind but the train staff hated it.

Doom Bar, MMmmmm yum yum. We spend time at our daughter and son-in laws Cornwall property near Looe and Doom Bar is a particular favourite of mine when we are down there.
Rick.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

qprdude wrote: Doom Bar
The name doesn't do it for me. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen in a pub...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

It's named after a sand bar on the North Cornish coast, so the pub should be safe for a pint or three. :wink:
Rick.