Jerky Xantia Throttle

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

clarkekd
My Cars:

Jerky Xantia Throttle

Post by clarkekd »

Xantia 2.0i petrol
When I ease off the pedal, revs stay as before and then drop with a jolt. Any ideas what to look for please ? All I have tried so far is spraying a bit of WD40 about.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

For starters - make sure any carpets or mats or insulation pads are not in the way of the pedal or cable. Then check the action at the throttle housing as a second person uses the accelerator.
marco1
My Cars:

Post by marco1 »

humm.with my 16v,when you let off the pedel there is a slight delay in revs droping,its an engine management thing..but a nice cushioned effect,dont know if its a severe jolt.may be throttle potentioner??or sender unit u/s.
dabbler

Post by dabbler »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Xantia 2.0i petrol
When I ease off the pedal, revs stay as before and then drop with a jolt. Any ideas what to look for please ? All I have tried so far is spraying a bit of WD40 about.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
I have just had a similar problem with my 2.1TD. The revs stay put then will drop with a jolt, or I found that lifitng the pedal would cause the revs to drop. I too tried spraying WD40 around the mechanical bits. Eventually discovered that the carpet was interferring with the pedal operation. Bye the way my wifes Ax had similar problems, and the casue was also carpets interferring with the pedal operation..
handman

Post by handman »

i cleaned the throttle body out it was coaked up with carbon causing it to stick - you could also check the throttle cable is not kinked or jamed or damaged like sticking in the outer cover