I might have asked this before, dont know

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

stu9

I might have asked this before, dont know

Post by stu9 »

If I have, then appologies

What makes you buy either Citroen, Pug or Fiat....I mean, if you going for a certain size and all 3 did models with an engine, spec ect suited...what would make you choose a certain make, when they're all still French
old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

Re: I might have asked this before, dont know

Post by old'uns »

well there's one 'French' car in there i wouldn't buy.. :)

How long is a piece of string?

I chose the '02 C5 to do a job...be a 'van', tow a caravan (self levelling suspension) and be a comfortable family car when needed.
pricewise it was 2k below what i was looking at albeit with slightly more miles, but 2k is 2k right?
apart from an older Volvo 740/940 nothing touched it size wise for load capacity in volume.

some people go on dealers, mechanics etc, spare parts availability, looks, sometimes a car may tick the boxes but doesn't feel 'right'?

old C5 replaced by new C5 III, not quite as big but again what i needed above still remains apart from wanting an Auto but so many of the competitors were still over budget and their Auto's are DSG type & for the miles i'll probably put on this one as the last -240k x fingers-a slush box is a known entity..ie can be fixed leaving some money in the bank.
currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

old'uns wrote:How long is a piece of string?
Twice as long as from one end to the middle.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Very good Xac!!

I tend to go for Citroens because of the soft suspension and it's familar territory for me.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

red_dwarfers wrote: I tend to go for Citroëns because of the soft suspension and it's familar territory for me.
I'd agree with that. I know Xantias so well now nothing that might break or might go wrong bothers me in the slightest as I've been there before... I'm getting like that with the XM now too :roll:

They're like a comfy old pair of slippers to me...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

They're reasonably intuitive to service, even newer ones.

Still think it was downhill after they went to multiplex, as the PSA multiplex is to my experience, less reliable than the Fiat group wiring. PSA have better plated bolts, though (seriously) - they corrode a lot less in hidden areas.