C5 drivers! tut tut...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Napoleon
My Cars:

C5 drivers! tut tut...

Post by Napoleon »

Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
citronut
My Cars:

Re: C5 drivers! tut tut...

Post by citronut »

that seems to be the usual driving/attitude on the roads these days :evil: :x :roll: , come to think of it every were not just the roads ,

no one can be show or taught anything these days as in general people think they have a right to do anything/and anyhow they want
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Oh FFS. Grow up and get a life... And then go and sort out all the problems that are causing this bizarre behaviour.

Honestly.... Not a youngster either. Quite shocking really.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

What a tw@t. I hope he's been reported for his behaviour. I'd have just lamped him straight away, but I suspect I'm somewhat larger than the cyclist and the C5 driver may not have been quite so threatening.

That said, I can't stand these cyclist do-gooders who ride around with cameras on their helmets whinging at everyone either. They give real cyclists like myself a bad name.
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

Northern_Mike wrote:What a tw@t. I hope he's been reported for his behaviour. I'd have just lamped him straight away, but I suspect I'm somewhat larger than the cyclist and the C5 driver may not have been quite so threatening.

That said, I can't stand these cyclist do-gooders who ride around with cameras on their helmets whinging at everyone either. They give real cyclists like myself a bad name.
Totally agree with you on this. I also hate to be lumped in with other people on bikes (who I don't consider as "cyclists!") doing stupid things like riding straight through traffic lights. I was once waiting at some pedestrian lights as several other people on bikes rode through narrowly missing some pedestrians. One of the said pedestrians started to have a go at me, starting with "you cyclists" until I pointed out that I was the one waiting! Sorry this has gone a bit off topic!
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Never worry about going off-topic on here Fake; it's perfectly normal and part of FCF etiquette!

I'm not a cyclist but I know what you mean about these 'keen' types who think they're that bloke who did a bit of cycling in the Olympics recently... They seem to think they own the road and have an entirely different set of rules to the rest of us...

In fact, just after the Olympics it seemed everybody was out on racing bikes looking like an explosion in a lycra factory and they were downright dangerous on narrow country lanes as they seem to have an affinity to go around in packs. They could be difficult to pass safely too as they could go remarkably quickly for a bike. I clocked one at nearly 40mph on the flat...

But, whatever the cyclist did or did not do, there was absolutely no need to behave in the way the C5 driver did. better like the rest of us - just call them twonks under our breath and then forget it; there's more important things in life to worry about.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by evilally »

I agree the cyclist was a bit of a tit, but that kind of behaviour is outrageous. I very much doubt the police will be interested in the slightest; this is obviously not the first time he has done something like that. If someone in is your face, telling you that they're going to break your jaw, knock you out, shove this or that up your arse, the best thing you can do from a self defence point of view is end the situation before it starts. If your aggressor starts a fight, your odds of success are hugely diminished. Your personal safety comes first, and anyone with more than 10 minutes of basic training has nothing to fear from a skinny old bloke with a beard. Unfortunately if you did send him home with a sore face, you would then be the bad guy in front of the judge. They'd probably send him home with a huge compo payout for his hurt feelings. In this country, the law abiding citizen often just has to stand there and take it :evil:
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

The thing with this driver that is so stupid is it could just come from a school playground, "what did you say..." & ending with all sorts of threats.
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Fake Concern wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:What a tw@t. I hope he's been reported for his behaviour. I'd have just lamped him straight away, but I suspect I'm somewhat larger than the cyclist and the C5 driver may not have been quite so threatening.

Totally agree with you on this. I also hate to be lumped in with other people on bikes (who I don't consider as "cyclists!") doing stupid things like riding straight through traffic lights. I was once waiting at some pedestrian lights as several other people on bikes rode through narrowly missing some pedestrians. One of the said pedestrians started to have a go at me, starting with "you cyclists" until I pointed out that I was the one waiting! Sorry this has gone a bit off topic!
Yes, too right. I ride my bicycle a lot in summer. I also wear lycra, but I ride with respect for other road users much like I do in the car. There are too many POBs giving us a bad name.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

evilally wrote:I agree the cyclist was a bit of a tit, but that kind of behaviour is outrageous. I very much doubt the police will be interested in the slightest; this is obviously not the first time he has done something like that. If someone in is your face, telling you that they're going to break your jaw, knock you out, shove this or that up your arse, the best thing you can do from a self defence point of view is end the situation before it starts. If your aggressor starts a fight, your odds of success are hugely diminished. Your personal safety comes first, and anyone with more than 10 minutes of basic training has nothing to fear from a skinny old bloke with a beard. Unfortunately if you did send him home with a sore face, you would then be the bad guy in front of the judge. They'd probably send him home with a huge compo payout for his hurt feelings. In this country, the law abiding citizen often just has to stand there and take it :evil:
Who'd leave marks? That would just be sily..
blackbeard
My Cars:

Post by blackbeard »

Very, very, dangerous road-rage incident which could have turned nasty, and is sadly becoming far too common these days.

It matters not that the cyclist was a 'do gooder' or whatever, the C5 driver was a 'road rager' who turned around, chased the cyclist down, forced the cyclist to stop, and then got out of the vehicle - intentions unknown. If someone had done that to me the assumption would be that they intended to hurt me - not politely discuss the weather, and as such my response would be appropriate and legal.

Had this happened in an inner city area, or even a town at night the potential for a very violent, if not deadly, confrontation would be all too real.

In such a situation, any 'streetwise' cyclist, or person with a sound martial arts (or even good old fashioned non PC Military/Police/Prison service training) would have immediately dismounted and adopted a defensive posture - possibly even going so far as to pre-empt the situation and restrain / neutralise the aggressor.

Look - the old bastard who got out of the car could have had a knife, a screwdriver, or other impliment, even if not he was potentially prepared to cause physical injury. In no way shape or form were these road rage actions friendly. There was also no way to know he was not armed - therefore split second judgements required.

People have been seriously hurt in these situations - either by weapons, or by sucker punches, or simply by being pushed over and hitting their heads - therefore split second decisions with life altering consequences do need to be made. Any verbal aggression is generally a prelude to an assault - the attacker is building up for the first blow.

Personally, if someone had chased me down, forced me over on a public road, and then got out of the vehicle and rushed towards me, there would have been no polite conversation. This Citroen XM driver does not engage in any polite conversation either - it only takes a second to be sucker punched or stabbed - so think on:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After taking out the threat, get out of the area to safety (in case any mates of the scum have been called), then report your legal actions of self-defence to the Police (but do not explain anything to the Police until you have had legal councel lest you say something that may harm your legal defence or weaken your case).

Stay safe.
Current French machine:
2002 Citroen C5 2.0 16v Automatic (petrol)

Previous French machines (all auction finds):
2000 Citroen Xantia 1.8 16v (petrol)
1999 Peugeot 206 'Roland-Garos'
1998 Renault Laguna 1.8 8v (petrol)
1992 Renault 21 2.0 8v (petrol saloon)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I only want to add that had that C5 driver confronted my youngest daughter, who works part time in a cycle establishment* and cycles to work there, is 5'2" and looks like she couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding, he would have had the shock of his life.

She doesn't provoke confrontations but by god she finishes them and quickly, so quickly the aggressor never knows what hit him.

She has in the past left blokes three times his size and a third of his age lying broken and bleeding on the ground and wishing they had never set eyes on her.

Sweet as honey otherwise.

*She's an embalmer the rest of the week so ideally placed to clean up the mess :)
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

He seems like a nice chap :shock:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

My wife's cousin who works in the City is 5'0". She's lovely, and like my wife, has a completely serene temperament.

On Friday this week, she was walking home and some tea-leaf on a bicycle snatched her phone as he rode past. I'm not sure he expected to be falling off his bike with a high-heeled, tiny lightweight 25 year old battering him quite so soon after grabbing it. Brilliant.

I had a problem myself years ago on a motorbike. We'd been sent home from work near Wycombe early because of snow. There was a pillock in a red transit tailgaiting me on my motorbike. He could see I was struggling, but it wasn't a safe place to let him past. I intended to pull over on the next straight. Next thing I know, he's alongside me beeping and swerving at me, and his mate in the passenger seat was laughing. I couldn't help but make a disparaging gesture at him. I braked as hard as I dare and he went past. At the West Wycombe Roundabout he jumped out, presumably to remonstrate with me about the gesture.

As Blackbeard says, you never know what you are getting into these days. I must say, it was very brave of him to get out to remonstrate with a 6ft, 16 stone man that was already in a bad mood. A man that was wearing a helmet, padded jacket, padded trousers and motocross boots, not lightweight road boots. As blackbeard says, he could have had a knife or a weapon.

Motocross boots + assailant's knackers = man lying in snow very quickly. I asked his mate if he wanted some too, but he locked the van door. I rode off, never heard anything of it again.
blackbeard
My Cars:

Post by blackbeard »

Forgot to add to my previous post that I am a C5 driver - so they all aint bad.......

Just a parting thought: road rage is becoming a real issue in this country and we must be all on guard against being a victim of it, or heaven forbid, partaking in it ourselves. Over the years I have seen, on way too many occasions, the results of mindless acts of violence perpetrated by various pieces of crap, both on the road and off it. The cyclist on the clip (whatever we may think of him, ie 'do gooder', 'busy body', or whatever), did nothing wrong at all. Earlier in the week a guy was sucker punched, hit his head on the curb, and is now in a comer for doing very much the same thing:
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2013 ... ge-attack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just one more reason not to get involved in an altercation - If at all possible (unlike the cyclist who was boxed off). If you can just drive away / walk away / cycle away and avoid any such confrontation. It is not a sign of weakness but a sign of intelligence. If walking away is not an option and the aggressor does not keep his distance but advances towards you - you must fight to defend yourself - but please, never be tempted to build up slowly and trade blows as per a school yard scrap - the other guy may not give you the chance to build up slowly, may actually want to seriously hurt you, and may go in so hard first you may never get a chance to up the anti (you dont know if he will stop if you go down either, and then turn on your family if not alone).

Sad that we have to discuss such things, but such is the nature of the society we now live in.................
Current French machine:
2002 Citroen C5 2.0 16v Automatic (petrol)

Previous French machines (all auction finds):
2000 Citroen Xantia 1.8 16v (petrol)
1999 Peugeot 206 'Roland-Garos'
1998 Renault Laguna 1.8 8v (petrol)
1992 Renault 21 2.0 8v (petrol saloon)