Drinking & Driving

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

fridgedoc
My Cars:

Drinking & Driving

Post by fridgedoc »

Something to think about before you drinks and drives this Xmas.
With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1994 (deceased)
LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Re: Drinking & Driving

Post by mooseshaver »

Funny
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

;)
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Great joke. Hope you don't mind I'm gonna use it.

But from reality. Was out after a hard day with colleagues, in pub met up with friends from other company. They had just lost a funding round and the main guy was down in the dumps. My wife came to get me and we offered to give guy lift home. He continued despite fairly forceful offers, insisting he would find his own way home, he'd get his wife or something and not to worry. So we left him. Outside we got chatting to others and ten minutes later we drove off. Getting to the junction just along the road, we found a scene of carnage. Unbeknowst to us the guy we had offered a lift to had got in his car and drove off. He pulled out onto an oncoming car doing 60 on the main road. They ploughed into the side of him. They all ended up in hospital. Luckily no-one died. It was a remote place so was also lucky we were around.

He lived 200 yards along the road!

So yeah seriously don't do it.
C'est pas possible!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

boristhespie wrote: So yeah seriously don't do it.
No don't. I tried it once and kept spilling it - made a hell of a mess...

But seriously, don't...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:

But seriously, don't...
Too right.

Last time I did it I drove 5 yards and caused a couple of hundred quids worth of damage. That was simply trying to put the car in the garage off the drive. Scraped the side of the car on the garage as I drove in. That was 20 years ago.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Definitely best to have none for the road
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Rattiva_Mike wrote:
CitroJim wrote:

But seriously, don't...
Too right.

Last time I did it I drove 5 yards and caused a couple of hundred quids worth of damage. That was simply trying to put the car in the garage off the drive. Scraped the side of the car on the garage as I drove in. That was 20 years ago.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Reminds me of when many (25+) years ago I lived in Cyprus where in the Republic they didn't have very strict rules on drink-driving.. They did in the Sovereign Base Areas but that's another story for another time...

Anyway, one night I'd got absolutely plastered on Keo beer and drove home. Well, I must have as the car was in the car-port next morning but I didn't recall one moment of what was a 12 mile drive home. Remarkably I got the car through the gates at the end of my drive without a scratch - and they were narrow too...

After that I said 'never again' and to this day I never have. It shocked me deeply...

As you say Xac... None for the Road is a very good policy... Just as long as you have none before too!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...