Zsara Picasso warning.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gpz900ra7
My Cars:

Zsara Picasso warning.

Post by gpz900ra7 »

I was asked by a neighbour of mine to investigate a strange noise coming from the left front corner of his Picasso, and upon jacking up the front of the car this was spotted...

Yep you guessed it, a broken spring, not too tragic on its own but, it had decided to take out the bottom retainer part of the strut and do this to the tyre...

So any Picasso owners out there just a cautionary piece of advice, check those front springs.

Shaun.
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso warning.

Post by mooseshaver »

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/recal ... &makeId=A7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope that works I'm using tapatalk.
I assume Citroen won't do anything now but maybe it's related and you can get free cups?
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
gpz900ra7
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso warning.

Post by gpz900ra7 »

Hi guys just a quick update about this Picasso I fixed for my neighbour.

The owner took the car in for its MOT and it failed on a snapped spring, this time on the drivers side so while it was in the garage he just told them to fix it, cost him £130 all in.

The trouble is that ever since he got the car back it has a clunking noise when turning the steering at slow speeds, yes the spring seems as though its catching, so he got me to look at it for him as the garage couldn't sort it, the usual excuse came out, "It will settle down after a bit they all do that mate"

Well I took the spring off the strut, changed the top bearing, cleaned everything up, got rid of any crud that was left by the garage, and reassembled it and it was a PITA to get back on as it seemed a bit too long but the noise is still there.

Is there any difference between the spring rates on a diesel and a petrol engined car? The car is a 1.6 petrol by the way.

If there is any difference could the garage have fitted a diesel item by mistake ?????????

The guy is getting a bit peeved and rightly so and I just want it sorted for him.

Sorry for such a long post guys.

Cheers.

Shaun.