Get your coats on

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

Get your coats on

Post by bernie »

You all have about another week to have your holidays and enjoy the warm sunshine.
Why?
Tom has just sorted out the A/C fan and compressor wiring on my BX.
So in things go to plan winter starts next friday.
Sorry
Blame Tom
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Bugger it!!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thanks Bernie! (I was well rewarded-a lovely supper for which many thanks, an ABS computer to replace one I killed and a Bitron box to take apart and find out about.) The promised nuclear winter will of course mean that aircon systems will need running for ten minutes a month. Time to check that coolant, people!
It was a busy day yesterday. In the morning, I parted with the best car I've ever owned.
The Ford Ka I bought five years ago has been sold on to a good friend. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it had been 100% reliable as a result of my keeping it away from Ford dealers.
Drafvidal and DLM both called in the afternoon. The former would have liked to meet up as he and his wife were local, out looking at a motorhome in Southampton but I was busy with Bernie's obviously cherished TZD. Woman Belong Me, tolerant as ever, now refers to Citrophiles as the Green Globe Gang.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Winter starts next Friday! It's been like autumn for about a month now around Kiddy but I ain't got A/C so it's nice to be cool under the sunroof in the Xsara.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I am living under canvas whilst working away, so far Toms aircon has cost me a tent (destroyed in storm) and numerous wet boots! I am therefore considering a heater upgrade soon!
Stewart
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

I think you had better look into liability insurance Tom
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I'm just doing my bit to prevent global warming!
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

Citrophiles as the Green Globe Gang.
I'm just doing my bit to prevent global warming!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Do I see a trend of GLOBAL domination[}:)]
Over to you GGG1[:D][:D]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

bah and my fan blower things just stopped working so I cant even pump standard non-air conned air into my car! :p
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

*******UPDATE*************
Weather forcast for next 7 days
HOT HOT HOT
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

great and i have to drive 180 miles in the zx with no blower to bristol tommorow via the m25 lol. Time to search on here for how to fix it as its not a fuse
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Dont worry,overcast here in Bristol at the mo.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

You may have noticed an improvement in the weather lately. This is due to the partial failure of my aircon system.[:(] Suspecting that the efficiency has dropped steadily over the month since it has been gassed, I decided to investigate and found oil in the evaporator casing. The TX valve is not leaking but the two lower unions to the valve block are weeping slightly and I have lost no more than a teaspoonfull of oil (But heaven knows how much refrigerant!) Tightening these unions is a little hit and miss so I reckon that the system will need to be evacuated so that repairs can be effected. I'm not too disheartened because I didn't expect it all to work first time but if anybody has any ideas how to tighten the unions with fluid in the system (Which still works to some extent) I'd be grateful.
Now for the blackmail: What am I bid to put the work off until Autumn?[}:)][}:)]
caeclyd
My Cars:

Post by caeclyd »

this is just a test to see if i can post pictures
caeclyd
My Cars:

Post by caeclyd »

good it seems to work