Xantia Flood damage

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jacksun1987

Re: Xantia Flood damage

Post by jacksun1987 »

Say if this was a td instead of a hdi would it have the same problerms.
Yes i keep reading theses hdi enginges are good and solid. But its the electrical things what put me off a bit
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

If you go ploughing through a massive puddle in any car td or hdi expect issues with something or other, pull over let the boy racers pass through the water then once they have had their fun pull out to the middle of the road (it's highest shallowest point) with raised xantia suspension and drive through the water slowley, the ethos is respect your car and hopefully it will respect you.
wash the underside of the car with fresh water particularly around the rear suspension arms behind the suspension spheres when salting of the roads finishes, that standing water is full of salt in the winter.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
davoxx
(Donor 2020)

Post by davoxx »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:If you go ploughing through a massive puddle in any car td or hdi expect issues with something or other, pull over let the boy racers pass through the water then once they have had their fun pull out to the middle of the road (it's highest shallowest point) with raised xantia suspension and drive through the water slowley, the ethos is respect your car and hopefully it will respect you.
wash the underside of the car with fresh water particularly around the rear suspension arms behind the suspension spheres when salting of the roads finishes, that standing water is full of salt in the winter.
Common sense that is not all too common.
why?
bigraymaster

Post by bigraymaster »

Thanks to my local Citroen dealer i thought i would post a diagram of my set up for those interested. I'm guessing the water went into the box bit below the stick (no.1) hampering the gearchange. Image