C5 Myway Nav problem

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

barrett90

C5 Myway Nav problem

Post by barrett90 »

My newly purchased '09 C5 tourer has one issue. I cannot get the satnav to work, all it shows is 'navigation not available, please insert medium'. I have the SD card and that has been tested on a laptop to show it does have files on it - no idea if anything critical is missing.
I've read about the high cost from the main dealer over new maps, but that's a pointless expenditure if the issue is hardware rather than software. Is there anything else obvious that i'm missing? I've reset the whole system back to factory etc but nothing works.
Any help greatly appreciated,
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: C5 Myway Nav problem

Post by bobins »

Is the SD card the original Citroen one with Europe 2009/2010 written on it or is it an <ahem> aftermarket one ? It's possible to put the new maps onto the MyWay for nothing more than the cost of a blank 16Gb SD card........ but this has to be done with a little bit of care or you get the 'navigation not available, please insert medium' that you've got. If it is an original card, then you could try a *proper* system reboot : Ignition on, press the setup button on the radio/nav control (i.e. to the right of the SD card slot), then hold down buttons 1,2,3 together. This should get you to the hidden menu where you can navigate to a reboot function. Use the twiddle/press button in the centre of the radio/nav control to navigate through the options.
As another option, but one that probably won't fix the issue, you could update the firmware for the RNEG (radionav) system - I think the current firmware is around version 40.
If that still doesn't help, you could post the file name contents of your SD card for comparison to see if anything is missing.

cheers,

Robin
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
barrett90

Post by barrett90 »

Thanks Robin.
I accessed the hidden menu and it seesm to reveal that the system can't read the SD card. Everything such as the GPSA settings and firmware versions display but the SD card elements all show with just a line next to them and no informnation displayed.
The SD card that came with the car shows "Navigation System, Europe 2008/2009, edition 1, 96 655 216 80 - 1922.361. Harman/Becker" no idea if this means it is the factory supplied unit?
The files that display, when looking on the PC, are:
Main folder is 'database'
Sub folders headings -

acios_db
hazardareas.lwb
LABEL
RN05_litdata_e
RN05_v36c.gdb
S_ZF1912_v2
versionhazard
versionnavidb

I have a spare 16gb SD card so could easily acquire different software if it was available. Are the maps 'open protocol' as such or are they embedded with some 'Citroen code'?

Matt
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Hi Matt.
Your nav folder is different to mine, but yours is an '08-'09 version whilst my old card is an '09-'10 version.
Here's my SD card contents:
acios_db.ini
hazardareas.lwd
LABEL.DB
RN831_litdata.DB
RN831_v36b.gdb
S_ZF1914_v1.DB
versionhazard.txt
versionnavidb.txt
KN083EUx05t02.DB

As your SD card isn't working and a new Cit one is wholly unjustifiably expensive :shock: and may not work on your nav if its your hardware that's borked, you may wish to investigate putting the new nav database data onto your own 16Gb card. You should have a read at this forum and especially *all of* the thread titled "MyWay-WipNav RNEG Maps 2012-2013 all Firmware (Download & Install)". You may have to register to get *their* links to display in their threads - but registering is as painless as it is for FCF. It is, obviously, up to you to decide if you want to go down this route and it's for you to decide if you have the computer skills to do it........ but I can tell you it's not difficult and that it does work ! :-D
It's also worth researching firmware upgrades for the RNEG system whilst you are there as well, as there've been plenty - some more useful than others. I believe recent firmware upgrades have removed the speed camera location function (now illegal in France ?)...... and replaced it with a very accurate 'hazardous area function'......... which isn't illegal in France :) Other benefits of firmware upgrades are better Bluetooth connectivity and sound quality, stability issues, better nav appearance, etc.
Hope that helps.
Robin
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Thunder77Ro
My Cars: 1996 Xantia 1.8, 16V;
2010 C5, 2.0 HDI, 16 V.

Post by Thunder77Ro »

Hello all! I have same problem with my navigation, same message, where can i find the updates. System reboot did not solved the problem so i'm guessing that is a software issue. My car is a 2010 sedan, with MyWay system.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I got my maps & firmware updates from here > http://www.navitotal.com/peugeot-citroen-f113/
All free & worked no problem, the maps are also readily available from torrent sites.
Thunder77Ro
2010 C5, 2.0 HDI, 16 V.

Post by Thunder77Ro »

So i have to download them all and copy them right on the SD card? Or is another procedure?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Do the firmware first, copy it on to an SD card, shove it in the slot and it will start the process, just follow the on screen prompts. Very simple & takes around 5 mins if I remember right. One important thing is you must keep the engine running throughout the whole procedure to stop the risk of the unit going into Eco mode which could potentially brick the unit.
The maps just need copied to the card
Thunder77Ro
2010 C5, 2.0 HDI, 16 V.

Post by Thunder77Ro »

Ok, @Wheeler, thanks a lot for the help. I'll keep you posted with the progress ;)
Thunder77Ro
2010 C5, 2.0 HDI, 16 V.

Post by Thunder77Ro »

Aaaaa........i'm getting some data error messages when i unpack the archives. And wich one is the firmware folder?