Wind, and another one bites the dust.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

OwenP
My Cars:

Wind, and another one bites the dust.

Post by OwenP »

Evening all.

Just had a rather nasty run in with the weather, wind blew a tree down in front of me on the way home from work. Cue one write off. (Not confirmed, but there is a lot of damage, some panel, some engine, possibly structural as well.)

I am thankful that the 406 is a very strong car, as I am unhurt (shock and shaken only I think.)

I suppose there isn't really any point to this post other than to just talk about it, and perhaps say watch out out there.
2001 406 Rapier 2.0 HDi 90 Estate - Sold Scrap after being viciously attacked by a falling tree
2001 Toyota MR2 1.8 VVTi - To be sold for spares/repair - dead gearbox :(
2014 Seat Ibiza Eastate 1.4 FR ACT (bought in an emergency, but a nice enough low mileage car)
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Wind, and another one bites the dust.

Post by Xaccers »

Thank goodness you're OK Owen, cars can be replaced, people can't!
Despite the poor ENCAP scores, 406's and Xantias in real world accidents seem to perform rather well (anecdotally).

Ironically from a thread with a similar title, this is what happened to trooper30's Xantia when some unlicensed and uninsured pratt pulled out in front of his wife (she hit at about 35-40 apparently)

1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Sorry to hear about your accident, at least you are ok and your Peugeot did its job of keeping you unharmed.

It has been a little wild today, to say the least!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

Cheers. Indeed cars can be replaced, just a case of finding a decent one again now, oh well, I'm still here and in one piece.

Never looked at the NCAP rating, but to be honest the car did a very good job this evening, on the passenger side you almost wouldn't know it had had a two foot think tree trunk leaning on it, little bit of damage to the plastic door surrounds on the pillar between the front and rear doors. Most of the damage it from the smaller (half a foot) bit that connected with the front and went under the wheels, round the drivers door etc.

I should possibly clarrify it wasn't so much in front as it was in front of and on.
2001 406 Rapier 2.0 HDi 90 Estate - Sold Scrap after being viciously attacked by a falling tree
2001 Toyota MR2 1.8 VVTi - To be sold for spares/repair - dead gearbox :(
2014 Seat Ibiza Eastate 1.4 FR ACT (bought in an emergency, but a nice enough low mileage car)