Citroeon or Peugeot

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

stu9

Citroeon or Peugeot

Post by stu9 »

What do you prefer, if any

I dont know what i prefer.....i've got an 01 2 ltr hdi 306 est and an 03 C5 2 ltr est.......i prefer the C5 inside for driver ergonomics and comfort, but the outside (especially front) is horrible.....

Whereas withe Pug, i prefer outside, as the inside's ergonomically not a good place for me

Pug or Cit.....what's your choice (if any)
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Citroeon or Peugeot

Post by Xaccers »

When Peugeot ditched the 205 and 405 I ditched Peugeot and moved to Citroen with my first Xantia.
Then Citroen followed suit in 1998 and lost their ability to design attractive cars.
So once there are no Xantias left, I don't know what I'll go for. Laguna II's (first shape) probably won't be around so I'll be stuffed (which is probably how cars on the road will look by then).
Need to win the lottery so I can buy up all a available XMs and Xantias, shrink wrap them and keep them in an environmentally controlled lockup so I have a supply to last me until I'm too old to drive.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

Citroen all the way , pugs aren't bad though

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I began really as a Renault person early on and then after several years of British tin went all French again with Peugeots, having several 205s and 405s. The Citroen involvement was accidental initially and it was on acquisition of my first Xantia I joined this forum.

Since then I've had more Xantias than any other car and very late have discovered the charms of the XM.

So, I guess I'm a Citroen person these days. Like Xac I have no interest in anything later than 1998 and often ponder what I'll run when running an XM and Xantia is no longer viable. Something electric I guess...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:Like Xac I have no interest in anything later than 1998 and often ponder what I'll run when running an XM and Xantia is no longer viable..
The chances of me going back to a Xantia are rather remote in the extreme, time moves on and I no longer need ear plugs to travel at speed oh and nice quiet/effective ventilation :wink:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:
CitroJim wrote:Like Xac I have no interest in anything later than 1998 and often ponder what I'll run when running an XM and Xantia is no longer viable..
The chances of me going back to a Xantia are rather remote in the extreme, time moves on and I no longer need ear plugs to travel at speed oh and nice quiet/effective ventilation :wink:
I really must come and have a look at your new C5 Richard and see if it might be a viable contender for my choice of transport in years to come :wink: :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:I really must come and have a look at your new C5 Richard and see if it might be a viable contender for my choice of transport in years to come :wink: :)
Lets just say I'm a convert :-D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:Lets just say I'm a convert :-D
I was getting the impression and if you're a convert then it's got to have something very strong going for it. I know what you're like...

Thinking on Richard, I have a test for any prospective Xantia or XM replacement. The 'Aberystwyth test' with involves driving from here to said destination twice in a weekend and not feeling as if I've done the journey and being able to get out of the car at the end feeling as fresh and ache-free as when I started. In fact just being able to get out of the car at the end without assistance would be good...

The Xantia V6 just passes, the Xantia HDi does and the XM passes with flying colours. I've not tried the Activa yet but have no doubt it will.

The journey from here to there involves half motorway and half Welsh roads of varying quality, hilliness and bendyness. It's a stiff test indeed, especially for me.
Jim

stu9

Post by stu9 »

Hey....keep this to what i asked
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I bet Trainman's C6 would walk that test Jim.
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

With the present range of cars Citroen all the way for me as just about all of the present Peugeot range look fat, bloated and anonymous (RCZ excepted).
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

stu9 wrote:Hey....keep this to what i asked
Sorry, it happens a lot on here...
DickieG wrote:With the present range of cars Citroen all the way for me as just about all of the present Peugeot range look fat, bloated and anonymous (RCZ excepted).
Yes, I quite agree. Citroen seems to retain a degree of distinctiveness in a sea of mediocrity :) The new DS5 is really quite jaw-droppingly distinctive in the good tradition of Citroen although I'm not sure I like it just yet...

There, nicely back on topic :)
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I'm not overly impressed with many modern cars. They are all fairly similar looking, drive similar and seem to be built to outlast the warranty, just.

I don't mind the modern Citroens, the C5 is the best of the lot in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the DS4 looks but the C4 has grown on me slightly, though its about as dull looking as a Toyota Corolla, in fact if the badges were removed I might think it was a Toyota. The C3 is a bit of a waste of space, we looked at getting one but sitting in the back my head is on the roof and sitting in the front there is just no room behind me. The extended windscreen is unless for me, as I had to have the sun visor pulled forward anyway or the headroom is robbed. Surprisingly the C1 has more room both front and back and a more roomy driving position, so we went for that. I do like the C4 Picasso, that is good looking for an MPV. The DS3 is ok, I'd like a yellow one! However I would get bored with its ride quality. The DS5 is a good looking car, though I was expecting it to be larger. I like the driving position but the ride is said to be pretty harsh, a nice ride is a reason I like big Citroens.

Peugeots, well actually I think I prefer their current range to Citroens. I much prefer the 508 to the C5, looks good, its bigger and there is more interior room. I'd have the estate/tourer as that looks great in my opinion. The 308 is no looker, I'd rather have a C4 but its not a bad car. I do really like the odd looking 3008, I can see myself getting one at some point. The driving position reminds me of the DS5, its a very versitile car and I really like the way it looks. Not sure on the 208 but I liked the look of the 207, better built than the 206 and it had a better ride too.

The C1 and 107 are obviously the same car and for a small shoe to get around in, they are both superb fun but its really a Toyota.

So past cars I like Citroens, current cars, Peugeot probably.
CitroJim wrote: I've not tried the Activa yet but have no doubt it will.
You will no doubt get there in half the time and arrive with a big grin on your face. :-D

The next time I go to Wales its going to have to be in the Activa, I can think of no better car!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I have to say Citroen for the suspension and general quirkyness. I do hanker after a 205 Diesel though and a 605. I was walking out through the works car park and there was this lovely grey G reg 205 with a few battle scars and some fields on it. Must admit I was a bit transfixed on it as I was walking past. Someone clocked me on the other side of the car park and was giving me a very odd look. Once I walked out the car park I saw another in the same colour, also on a G plate! I shouldn't be surprised though, around here everyone seems to own a 205, it's got to be one of the top 5 most common cars I see.

It will be interesting to see how XMs and Xantias last what with all their extra bits. Parts could become interesting to get hold of.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

205s are very rare around here, there is an old chap who has a tiring 205 cabrio which seems to be his daily driver. Its about the only one I see now. I do see a few 405s but not many. Its all modern stuff around here :?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10