Well.. bye, bye Xsara....and Hellooo C4

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Well.. bye, bye Xsara....and Hellooo C4

Post by alan s »

This just arrived; a good read and an eye into the future.
http://www.citroenet.org.uk/c4/c4-01.html
Alan S
P.S. You guys will see it long before us; looks like an interesting development
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Saw the pics last week in 1 of our papers.The 3 door looks good at the back,a bit more Citroen of old!Will have to pop down local dealer when it arives just to have a look.Npt sure about the central dash though.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Looks quite nice. Dont like new cars but its a massive step up from the mk2 xsara. Rear end on the coupe is quite funky. Looks like a mk1 honda crx thats been stretched a bit. Dont know what it will drive like as the 307 isnt raved about. It has the 180bhp engine so will be vaguely nippy. 0.28CD is good. Best bit from that article is
"A scented air freshener, styled to match the dashboard design. also contributes to the relaxed onboard atmosphere." :D
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

CRX,i thought i reconised the rear.Couldn`t rember where from.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

The Toyota Prius is similar too, but not quite as extreme.
I think it looks good!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

ah yes you are correct. The CD is impressively low. I just hope its vageuly fun to drive and not boring rubbish like most new cars in that area of the market
Just re-read this bit
-----------------
The Lane Departure Warning System is a major step forward in driving safety. On motorways or main roads, this innovative system warns the driver if the car crosses the lane markings, if he has not activated the indicator. A vibrating mechanism mounted in the car seat is triggered on the side corresponding to the direction of vehicle drift to alert the driver who may, for example, be feeling drowsy.
-----------------
How on earth does that work? It cant be via vibrations in the road as motorways have no cats eyes. It cant be done by a sudden move left or right as that could be you going around a corner etc?
lhm_leak
My Cars:

Post by lhm_leak »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">How on earth does that work?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I suspect it's done with infra-red beams and detectors. A fairly simple job to measure the change in reflectivity of the road surface. The processing may be a bit more complex though to avoid lots of false alarms.
Time for BMW to steal this idea, methinks - maybe using a sharp steel spike instead of a vibrating cushion[}:)].
Stu.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Good looking 3 and 5 door model. Can see (if they build one) a 3 door VTS in my garage in a couple of years. That boot end is spot on Honda CRX. I'm not to kean on the central dash but it's a cost thing. Convertion from left to right and all that. Still quite sexy even the wife likes it. Saying that she is driving a Renault Megane Convertible and we went to have a look at a new one. Much prettier then the Peugeot one (ugly a**e end). This seems big enough to make a soft top opption. Hmmmmm.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Top Gear Mag,08/04
1.4,1.6,2x 2.0,topping out at 180bhp.
HDI`s,1.6 110bhp,2.0 136bhp.
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 180bhp
xsaraboy
My Cars: