Micra Diesel

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Micra Diesel

Post by spider »

No, you read the title correct. You'll soon see why I posted it.

A search for something unlrelated the other day revealed this fact to me, the 93 to 02 'bubble' shape Micra was available with a diesel engine.

I noticed this Youtube video > " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , I can see he's got some air ingress though.

Now, watch it until (only a few seconds but turn sound down as it seems very loud to me) they go and look under the bonnet. Look familiar ?

That was a surprise to see that in there :o :D , I was aware that unit was fitted to later Metro's but not the Micra which (that shape at least) would be infinitely preferable to a K series metro. Coolant leaks anyone ?

I have no idea why they did not offer this in the UK, as far as I can actually tell it was only in LHD, I'd have to assume the inlet manifold would be in the way of the brake servo / master cylinder on a RHD vehicle, odd given that would be the original design configuration...

It appears
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Micra Diesel

Post by CitroJim »

spider wrote: It appears
...He has a really nasty squeak from his auxiliary belt :roll:

Well, well. It's amazing where the good old TUD turns up. Surprising really when they were in bed with Renault along that time...

Still, they knew a good diesel when they saw one - as did Austin Rover....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider

Post by spider »

True. Although the air ingress (at a guess) was the first thing I'd noticed.

Its a shame BL did not put more into rust proofing though really.

I got sent a TUD .pdf the other day, it includes some detail about its industrial use too. I did not know until recently that PSA offered the units for industrial purposes although now its the newer 1.4HDi (DV4 ?) I think.

I'd rather the TUD than the Renault unit they fit to the newer ones, I looked at a service guide the other day for the newer Micra, it appears you have to take the OS headlight out to get to the oil filter. To be fair I suppose that unit was not originally designed for that vehicle though.

Anyway enough off topic waffle. :D
Andy.

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

spider wrote:No, you read the title correct. You'll soon see why I posted it.

A search for something unlrelated the other day revealed this fact to me, the 93 to 02 'bubble' shape Micra was available with a diesel engine.
Ye Gods.

This is almost in the "I could walk quicker" category..

I used to quite like the old AX diesel, but it was made out of paper and plastic. I bet the Micra is rather less sprightly.
spider

Post by spider »

To be fair I'm happy(ish) with the TUD5b unit, it does seem a bit more lively than the earlier ones. The 1.4 was something else and I'm not surprised PSA were quick to replace it.

Reminds me I must insert a resistor into the coolant temp feed to stop it advancing so far when stone cold. More research needed for that first.
Andy.