Is it possible to carry a Xant s2 bonnet...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Is it possible to carry a Xant s2 bonnet...

Post by andmcit »

In a Xantia or Xm saloon safely and without damaging either the bonnet or car carrying it?
Are a roof rack and strapping required?

I recall damaging a s2 bonnet slightly getting it home hanging out the rear of a Xant saloon:
has anyone got a definitive answer!?
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
andmcit
My Cars:

Re: Is it possible to carry a Xant s2 bonnet...

Post by andmcit »

FWIW, I know you can carry a Xantia tailgate hatch sideways on in the rear (with seats folded obviously!)
of a Xantia hatchback plus a windscreen too as these were put inside the boot ready to repair my red Activa.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I know Paul (citroenxm) once did it much to my disbelief Andrew but he needed to remove part of one back seat to manage it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

CitroJim wrote:I know Paul (citroenxm) once did it much to my disbelief Andrew but he needed to remove part of one back seat to manage it...
Crumbs, rear seat dismantling? Is the rear backrest removed to allow more space for the bonnet to drop in?
I know a s1 Xantia bonnet will fit a saloon as it's shorter without the droopy grille on the nose.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It was an S2 bonnet that I watched Paul load into an S1 hatch outside my house. Had I not seen it with my own eyes I'd never have believed it possible... As far as I recall he removed the wider of the two back seats completely so the grill could drop in.

I guess an XM would swallow it no problem at all...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Thanks Jim, I'll dummy run test that with a duff bonnet I
have spare that needs to be scrapped anyway!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

andmcit wrote:In a Xantia or Xm saloon safely and without damaging either the bonnet or car carrying it?
Are a roof rack and strapping required?

I recall damaging a s2 bonnet slightly getting it home hanging out the rear of a Xant saloon:
has anyone got a definitive answer!?
I put an Activa S1 bonnet, wings, bumper, lights indicators etc in the rear of an S2 hatch and shut it without damaging it.