paypal

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: paypal

Post by citronut »

or just enter paypal into the first search box for company in this link, it comes up with an STD No.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this site works with all types of numbers not just 087's
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with this John.

I've heard similar stories in the past but involving people who pay for items on paypal and offer to pick them up from the seller to save postage costs then go straight home and claim they haven't received the item! Not quite sure what the outcome of that one was. Since I heard that, to save any potential trouble I will only accept cash if they collect or I deliver.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I'm really not a fan of paypal. I'll use it to pay for small things, but I won't accept payment from it at all. I know three people who've been stung by scammers like Jgra appears to have been done. It's not uncommon.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

It is best if possible to only have cash or suchlike if its collect only. I was worried for months after I sold a server and they paid via paypal and collected but it worked out OK.

Then again its not possible to have collection only and not accept Paypal either, you can put it in the description but they can still pay it. I guess you could refund it but then you might lose money if something goes wrong.

Had a friend sell a PC about three years ago, paid via PP and then the chap came and collected it the following day, they even gave him a lift back to the train station as it was not really carryable a distance. A couple of days later the funds went as if I recall PP said the buyer did not have the monies or something. Took a lot of sorting out but eventually they did pay.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hey John,

Is it sorted yet?
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

stuffed like a goodun..

more to follow, although it's mostly in the same vein..
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Bâtards.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

John, can you complain to your credit card company, if indeed you use a Credit card with your paypal account?

They're a bunch of shysters.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Get legal advice.
You may be able to go through the small claims court to get your money back from PayPal (they've taken your money and given it to a 3rd party), or start fraud/criminal damage proceedings against the bloke you sold the item to.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

IIRC no matter what, you can say if they return the goods in the condition they were sold you can issue a refund.

For proof of delivery just type up an invoice and scribble his name on it with the Time and Date you delivered it. As it was a personal delivery this should suffice as a delivery note or receipt of sale.

Also if he continues just say you will have no choice but to take it to the small claims court to get your money back and that they have 48hrs to retract the complaint and ensure the money is returned to you otherwise legal proceedings will commence.

I doubt they would turn up to a small claims court and you'd win straight away. even if they did turn up they are often common sense so would look at the evidence and likely rule in your favour and award some damages as well due to a damaged rep and possible charges on your CC for money you didnt account for being removed......
spider

Post by spider »

I do recall someone doing something similar and they did win, however they did get banned from PP for their trouble...
Andy.

jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

thanks all..

turns out I still have till Monday to try and submit something, so may well scan a handwritten delivery note in..

so, spoke to a girl at PP yesterday evening.. she was quite sympathetic really..

anyway, the general upshot was that:
she said, dont use paypal for items that cannot be posted, couriered.. use cash! (this is a PP employee)
the sellers bank was instigating the fund reversal, not paypal.. this type of reveresal is possible even with a direct transfer, she said!
it can happen up to 7 years after a transaction
and of course, there is nothing PP can do..

I can't remove credit card/debit card from account while there is a -ve balance.. my usual card is a debit card connected to PP..
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

The reversal is also possible with items paid for with a cheque so cash is king
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
spider

Post by spider »

jgra1 wrote:she said, dont use paypal for items that cannot be posted, couriered.. use cash! (this is a PP employee)
Someone should tell Ebay that (given they are one and the same no?) as its not possible to have an item (at least the last time I tried) where you can deny PP as a payment method even if you've already elected to chose that its collection only.
Andy.

nickmurphy

Post by nickmurphy »

If you ever sell an item out of ebay, you can accept paypal payment as a gift and a reversal cannot be done!