CCC - not renewing

Dedicated to owners of Citroen GS and GSA models.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: CCC - not renewing

Post by DickieG »

wainy wrote:Don't let your treatment put you off....
I'd like to say that it wouldn't but the above are the last straws for me with the CCC, whilst the vast majority of members are very pleasant people who I'd go for a beer with at any time there are several who are just plain rude and presumably see themselves as legends in their own lunchtime who have the manners of a Warthog. On two separate occaisions (DSM rally when I'd planned the convoy route) I had my daughter with me when two prominent members made such rude comments towards me complaining about a couple of minor issues that each time she immediately turned to me saying surely I'm not going to let them talk to me like that, had she not been with me they would have needed a couple of new ear's and been told where to go in no uncertain terms.

As I say the vast majority of CCC members are very pleasant people indeed but unfortunately there are several prominent members who are just plain rude and appear to believe and behave as if they own the club. The lack of availability of day tickets for the ICCCR is typical of those individuals who clearly believe that everyone will want to do what they do and go to every day of the show :roll: As for having it whilst the Olympics is on is beyond belief to me and again shows a lack of knowledge and understanding of other people's issues, a significant proportion of the population are unable to get leave from work during that period and cannot attend even if they wanted to. The words "brewery up a in organise couldn't a *iss" come to mind for me.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

DickieG wrote:
Where do the vast majority of visitors to the UK prefer to visit?
London. Like it or not (and I'm a Northerner), but it's the truth.
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

Activa_Mike wrote:
DickieG wrote:
Where do the vast majority of visitors to the UK prefer to visit?
Studley Constable's a great place to meet up. Just ask Winston Churchill.
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
ren16tx

Post by ren16tx »

All clubs have their ups and downs! but i enjoy the CCC,i enjoy the variaty of cars,great people, and great events, and always look forward to the citroenian! i've not been a rugular on this forum, and have just been reading these posts, and i still don't know why you woudn't want to renew your membership to the ccc, its not that bad a club! i too, had reservations over the ICCCR, but as it worked out, was a truly enjoyable event, =D> anyone not going realy did miss out!
As for forums,the CCC forum does seem old news, but i do wonder if thats because we may have "too many" forums??? :?: with lots of the same people on all forums, im looking at this now, been on the bx forum,visa forum, and my evening has gone!!! just a thought!
As for the G section,it is still alive and kicking! but,to be honest, we rarly here from G owners!!! there is nothing more we would love is to hear from owners and tails of their G's, but we get next to nothing! i notice picture of a brown X2,if the same car,was local to me,but since being sold the car vanished! we would love to know whats happened to her, and put in as an article about her under G section,but unless people tell us,then whats we to do??!!! we've got 2 new G section members on the commitee now, kev sanders and Grant Bolton, and we realy want to push the G's next year, but again, we can only do so much!! the G SECTION NEEDS YOU!! we are a friendly bunch, honest!!! and also, we are interested in G's,all G's, club member or non club members!!!
Feel free to contact me if you have any G info, stories, photos ect! and i will try to be alittle more active on here!!!
chris salter
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Good to see you on here Chris :-D
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
ren16tx

Post by ren16tx »

thanks Chris!
macplaxton
My Cars: 1978 GS X2

Post by macplaxton »

Chris, do you mean the brown X2 in my avatar? Bought from Mark Woodbridge in Buckinghamshire, it disappeared to Ireland. Still have it four years on. Formerly known as UBL 223S, now ZV 8990 http://www.flickr.com/photos/19864651@N ... 660597260/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ren16tx

Post by ren16tx »

that sounds like the car!!!! yes! the car came up for sale few miles from me before mark bought it, think i have a dvd ot it from original owner when they were selling it! its strange, i was talking about this car a few weeks ago!! and pleased to be in contact again! hello!
Be great to have an up date for a G sec article!! ( :lol: ) i remember she was very low milage, hows she going?
chris
macplaxton
My Cars: 1978 GS X2

Post by macplaxton »

She's going okay, need to a front wheel bearing and a clutch. Haven't used her the last few month or so because of the wheel bearing. Up over 40k now (from just under 24k) and the Prince of Wales check cloth is in tatters. PM me your email and if I find a moment, I'll write a little piece for you. If you click on my fuel consumption icons you can see the log I keep.

Current daily is a 1978 Volvo 343DL Black Beauty special edition. Also have a Pug 106 undergoing some rear end welding for NCT. Along with a DAF 44 estate that has been off the road a while awaiting me refitting a new front leaf spring. That's in addition to a few other cars in the fleet.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you'll be avin a XANT next Chris :o :-D :roll: :wink: ( modern cars who would have them ) :lol: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
ren16tx

Post by ren16tx »

never say never malcs!! but a white BX 17 Diesel estate may come my way first.....!!! #-o
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ren16tx wrote:never say never malcs!! but a white BX 17 Diesel estate may come my way first.....!!! #-o
you've come out of that dream of XANT ownership for the time being then :? :roll: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

citronut wrote:
ren16tx wrote:never say never malcs!! but a white BX 17 Diesel estate may come my way first.....!!! #-o
you've come out of that dream of XANT ownership for the time being then :? :roll: :wink:
Did you hear about the Saxo Malcolm? :shock:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

red_dwarfers wrote:
citronut wrote:
Did you hear about the Saxo Malcolm? :shock:
Chris has a Saxo! What on earth, its a bit ordinary! :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I heard on the grapevine that he was looking at one :lol:

Chris was quite taken by a Xantia Rob Moss was fixing at Chevronics, slippery slope... I reckon he'll get one at some point if he hangs around me for much longer! Apparently he had no desire to own a Xantia before he met me :twisted:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair