caught snippets

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
citronut

caught snippets

Unread post by citronut »

i keep seeing snippets of Jim having health woes,

but as usualy must have missed the story line,
possibly/maybe as i have great difficulty in reading/following/keeping up long post's/blogs,

i have tried to look through Sir Jims blog to catch up but there is so much on there many many many page's
im really strugling to find out more out of concern :shock: :shock: [-o<

hope your ok Jim [-o< [-o<
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: caught snippets

Unread post by myglaren »

You should be more careful Malcolm, catching your snippets can be as painful as catching a finger in a fanbelt.

Yes, Jim is not at all well but hopefully on the road to recovery.
Good days and bad days. Will you be at the CXM? if so he will no doubt explain in person, easier to follow that way.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

Yep, that might be best Malcolm but nothing terribly serious in the strictest medical health sense I'm happy to say but it is serious from the spannering point of view as my capabilities in that regard are severely reduced :(

It's a condition called ME/CFS. Have a look at the link there and it'll tell you all about it. Basic treatment is to rest carefully and to undergo a series of behaviour therapies called CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) for which I'm soon to start.

Another good therapy is to own an XM. I have now done just that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut

Unread post by citronut »

CitroJim wrote:Yep, that might be best Malcolm but nothing terribly serious in the strictest medical health sense I'm happy to say but it is serious from the spannering point of view as my capabilities in that regard are severely reduced :(

It's a condition called ME/CFS. Have a look at the link there and it'll tell you all about it. Basic treatment is to rest carefully and to undergo a series of behaviour therapies called CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) for which I'm soon to start.

Another good therapy is to own an XM. I have now done just that :lol: :lol: :lol:
that sort of a releaf hun i had all kind of thoughts going through my tiny mind 8-[ :wink:

so you mean you have got to behave your self :shock: :twisted: [-X :roll: :wink:
i spoz that is going to be very hard for you

just get well soon hun

you had an XM before ( not for long though
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

CBT = Car Buying Therapy.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

addo wrote:CBT = Car Buying Therapy.
:rofl:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm

Unread post by citroenxm »

CitroJim wrote:

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

AND KEEP IT TOO!!!!! :) :P :lol:
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Xantianut

Unread post by Xantianut »

Ay up!!

Any Citroen is useful as therapy! I certainly found my Xantia was useful when recovering from a nervous breakdown.

The main mechanical work is almost complete and now I start on the bodywork.
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Xantianut wrote: Any Citroen is useful as therapy! I certainly found my Xantia was useful when recovering from a nervous breakdown.
Funny you should say that. I used a 205GTi for just that purpose. I was advised to take up basket weaving. That was my take on it...

Then Xantias followed to help complete the recovery and they did!!!

One hopes an XM is a cure for ME. If it does then XMs are going to be in very high demand...
Jim

Xantianut

Unread post by Xantianut »

Ay up, CJ!

I should think any Citroen would do that. ME is not life threatening (AFAIK - correct me if I'm wrong, please) but serious so all the best to you. Fight the good fight and all that! Personally I took up OO Gauge locomotive building but that's another story. Have a look at my website and you'll see some of my products.

Remember, a Citroen is for life, not just for Christmas. :mrgreen:
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)