Citrojim's Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41632
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1079

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by CitroJim »

PavlosV6 wrote: And almost as wonderful to see PavlosV6 roll up in Old V6 :!:
Sorry Paul, indeed it was :-D Chris commented on how nice yours sounds...

It was a bit of a V6-fest here yesterday. How often outside of a rally does one spot two Xantia V6s and an S2 XM V6 all together...
Rattiva_Mike wrote:I was absolutely shattered by 5pm and felt like falling asleep in the car on the short drive home. I crawled up the stairs about 8pm and dozed off, woke up for 1/2 hour, ate, and went back to sleep until 6:30am.
That's almost a typical week-day these days Mike :twisted: Hopefully going onto reduced hours at work might help...
Rattiva_Mike wrote:It's a baffling condition.
It most certainly is and even more baffling to those who luckily have never experienced it :roll: I think, in all seriousness, that's the worst part - trying to explain it without the other party either thinking you're just swinging the lead, making it all up or that it's all in the head...
Rattiva_Mike wrote:I find the lyrica and dark chocolate helps a lot.
Any medication involving any kind of chocolate is fine by me. My choice is a Wispa bar... Not sure wearing lycra is going the help much but I'm game for anything...
Rattiva_Mike wrote:How did you attach an XM to the towbar of Old V6 to take it to the tip <ducks and runs away quickly>
Best laugh I've had all day :rofl:

Chris told me of your comment over a very pleasant curry last evening with Xac, Chris and Chris's SWMBO :-D

Feeling a bit M25 hedgehog-like after yesterday's antics so will be taking it a little steadier today. Still, it's looking better in the workshop already :-D

Northern_Mike

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by Northern_Mike »

I need a lesson in quoting. Either that, or it's too early in the morning, but I shall attempt to answer ...

1. You've all made me really want a V6. I could be tempted by an early C5 or lateish Xantia, as long as it was working. I don't want another XM. Maybe in the future when they've all been fixed again..

2. Jim's old V6 sounds fantastic too.

3. Why on earth anyone would want to fake being "Ill" like this is beyond me.

If you want me to wear Lycra, I will, but only on days I'm not working.

Why wasn't I invited to help and the curry? Is it because I have a smelly old diseasel, not a rorty V6? Gits.

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 17556
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 846

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by myglaren »

Jim wrote:Any medication involving any kind of chocolate is fine by me. My choice is a Wispa bar... Not sure wearing lycra is going the help much but I'm game for anything...
Try (Belgian) 75-90% cocoa solids dark chocolate Jim. Absolutely sublime with far less sugar and crap that British 'chocolate' contains.
It isn't that expensive and is available from Aldi most of the time.

Unless you happen to know Willie Harcourt-Cooze of course :)

bxzx16v
Posts: 1695
Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
x 15

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by bxzx16v »

I wouldn't mined a run in a V6 Xantia , I've never been in one myself . Perhaps there maybe a seat free at the Cxm :?

Mark

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41632
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1079

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by CitroJim »

bxzx16v wrote:I wouldn't mined a run in a V6 Xantia , I've never been in one myself . Perhaps there maybe a seat free at the Cxm :?
Mine will be there on one of the days Mark so not a problem at all. be a pleasure to show you the delights of a V6...

Rattiva_Mike wrote:I need a lesson in quoting. Either that, or it's too early in the morning, but I shall attempt to answer ...

1. You've all made me really want a V6. I could be tempted by an early C5 or lateish Xantia, as long as it was working. I don't want another XM. Maybe in the future when they've all been fixed again..

2. Jim's old V6 sounds fantastic too.

3. Why on earth anyone would want to fake being "Ill" like this is beyond me.

If you want me to wear Lycra, I will, but only on days I'm not working.

Why wasn't I invited to help and the curry? Is it because I have a smelly old diseasel, not a rorty V6? Gits.
Your points in turn Mike...

1. you're welcome here any time, an invitation is not required... Anyway, yesterday was a day of pure graft and you today would have ended up like I am today and that's not good. It's going to take a long time to get everything sorted so there's no end of opportunities... I'll then teach you how to quote...

2. Rattiva doesn't smell!

3. Have a blast in one of my V6s next time you see me Mike... A C5 V6 could be nice as it has the fruitier engine. As did the later 406 Coupé’s - Have you considered one of those? One of the most gorgeous cars ever in my eyes but such a shame it has the wrong suspension.

4. I have an old friend who's an ex-nurse and she's very much of the old school. If you have a full set of intact limbs, are not bleeding from every orifice and not twitching from high fever than you're not ill. End of - no argument, go and work it off :evil:

Ahh, so not Wispa bars then :( Next time I go shopping I'll get hold of some dark chocolate.

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by Xaccers »

Dark chocolate is the devil!

red_dwarfers
donor 2017
Posts: 2522
Joined: 29 May 2008, 15:59
x 18

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by red_dwarfers »

If I can ever be of help any time, just ask.

My colleague showed me the way of the Wispa...I haven't looked back since :D

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41632
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1079

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Kev :-D
red_dwarfers wrote: My colleague showed me the way of the Wispa...I haven't looked back since :D
Umm, I have one put aside for a special treat this evening after dinner :P There is nothing like a Wispa. Have you seen the new 'BitsaWispa'? It a bag of little Wispas and just the job for a little after-dinner treat. If I really try I can make a bag last a whole week. I really do have to try though...

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Posts: 7098
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
x 4

Post by addo »

Nah, go for the hard stuff. Rack up lines of cocoa off a mirror, with a ten bob note. :P

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41632
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1079

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:Nah, go for the hard stuff. Rack up lines of cocoa off a mirror, with a ten bob note. :P
I prefer mine mixed in a cup of warm milk Adam :)

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41632
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1079

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:Dark chocolate is the devil!
Well, according to articles to articles Robyn has found, dark chocolate is reckoned to work wonders with ME. 45g per day is allegedly a guaranteed cure according to some articles to be found in Internetland.

Just been shopping and bought a load of finest Tesco 85% proof stuff...

Now to see if it really does work....

red_dwarfers
donor 2017
Posts: 2522
Joined: 29 May 2008, 15:59
x 18

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by red_dwarfers »

I eat that high cocoa chocolate now. I used to much through entire Dairy Milk bars and large packets of Minstrels far too quickly. Trouble was if I just had one row, once I had put it away in a drawer it would play on my mind and I would struggle to concentrate so would eat the rest of it so I didn't get distracted. The downside of that is that I felt TERRIBLE afterwards with all the sugar and things.
With that high cocoa chocolate, I find its not moreish but I still get the satisfaction of the chocolate, I can make a bar last a good 2 days :shock:

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 17556
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 846

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by myglaren »

That's good going Kev.
I am very pleased with myself it one lasts twenty minutes.

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by Xaccers »

CitroJim wrote:
Xac wrote:Dark chocolate is the devil!
Well, according to articles to articles Robyn has found, dark chocolate is reckoned to work wonders with ME. 45g per day is allegedly a guaranteed cure according to some articles to be found in Internetland.

Just been shopping and bought a load of finest Tesco 85% proof stuff...

Now to see if it really does work....
I'm a super taster, so if it's not proper milk or white chocolate it tastes far too bitter for me.

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by Citroenmad »

Wispas are very tasty, I keep finding that they are my choice at motorway services :lol: If only they did white ones!