Picasso misfire

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jay81

Picasso misfire

Post by jay81 »

Hi everyone.
I seem to be having trouble with my 02 1.8sx picasso. A couple of weeks ago when out driving it would start to judder for a bit then drive like normal. Last week it got really bad and was misfiring constantly, juddering and sounded like a banger racing car. Anyway i checked all spark plugs which all looked ok as they were only replaced three months ago, a neighbour then suggested it could be the coilpack so i replaced it and the car drove better then ever, until now one week later and its back to misfiring again.
Does anyone have any suggestions?? Please!!
Thanks
Jason
Harry1975

Re: Picasso misfire

Post by Harry1975 »

i could be your coil going, my Xantia 18. 16v did the same. look on ebay for a cheap one or scrapy
Harry1975

Post by Harry1975 »

water wetness in the coil can do what your say, had that happen as well :)
jay81

Post by jay81 »

I have put a replacement coil pack
on from the scrappy and it was fine for a week
Then it started again
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

If the replacement was an unknown quantity from a scrappy then there's a good chance that one has died too...

A new one of known provenence would be a very good idea.

You say you replaced the spark plugs Jason. Did you replace them with the exactly correct type and did you gap them correctly? I ask as wrong spec. plugs wrongly gapped may just damage a coilpack...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jay81

Post by jay81 »

I will get a new coil pack, I have read a few topics about bad Sagem ones, the two I have had have both been Sagem units. Is there any other brand I should stay away from? I see GSF have two listed for my car, 1 being standard and the other being premium. Also I have to admit that I didn't check gap on spark plugs I just assumed they would be correct.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

jay81 wrote: I just assumed they would be correct.
In my experience they never are :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jay81

Post by jay81 »

Thanks is there a big difference between standard and premium coil packs from GSF? or should i try somewhere else?
jay81

Post by jay81 »

also what should the gap be? I am finding some people saying 0.9 and others saying 1mm
jay81

Post by jay81 »

New coil pack and plugs and still the same. Took it to a great garage who hooked it up to Lexia and shows permanent fault with injector No.4.
Harry1975

Post by Harry1975 »

theres loads of cheap ones on ebay xantia ones fit your car. i have 4 going spare/cheap as i replaced mine and didnt need to as it was my coil .
jay81

Post by jay81 »

Cheers, i should have one arrive today that i got of ebay for £10, Hope it works.
jay81

Post by jay81 »

Replacement injector in and so far all is good, fingers crossed it stays that way
Harry1975

Post by Harry1975 »

cool glad you have sorted it. fingers crossed :) cars are endless money pits ,but they have us over a barrel ,so its just best to relax and take it lol
happy motoring Jay :)