Question about relays

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

evansad
My Cars:

Question about relays

Post by evansad »

My fan is broken and I've tried replacing the resistors for my fan blower but that didnt work so i'm thinking it is the blower's relay that is broken.
Does anyone know where I can find the blower relay because it doesnt say in the Haynes manual :( All I know is that the relays are in the main fusebox and there are several in there so i need to know the right one so as to order the right parts from andyspares.
Thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

what model of car do you have & what year is it ?
evansad
My Cars:

Post by evansad »

Hello!
It is a 1994 Peugeot 306 Diesel XTDT. And I have no idea which relay is which or which model of relay to order from andyspares. I dont understand why the manual only gives details about fuses but not about relays.
Thanks
kevin
My Cars:

Post by kevin »

Is it the engine cooling fan or the heater fan?. The engine radiator fan relays live behind the front grille and there are three, one green and two black. I think the heater relay is in the fusebox.
evansad
My Cars:

Post by evansad »

Yes, it is the one in the fusebox - green. I found it at the end by trial and error. The replacement relay cost £13 and the fan works fine now. So the lesson to learn is always check the relays first before replacing the other components!