Blanking plugs - Radiator and thermostat housing

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Blanking plugs - Radiator and thermostat housing

Post by spider »

Something I should of posted a year ago if not more :oops: , probably only useful to XUD owners but possibly for anyone who needs a radiator blanking plug.

Anyway not sure how much use this may be but the openings for both rad fan switches and diesel waxstat (cold start cable) are the same.

Perhaps you have a radiator with a hole for a fan switch and no blank, in which case a later 1.9 Xantia or any XUD 406 will provide a blank from the thermostat housing (as these do not have the wax stat usually) or maybe vice versa perhaps you want to blank the thermostat housing opening up.

Random thought: Don't fit a fan switch to the thermostat housing instead of a waxstat, I did try this on my 205 simply out of interest / curiosity and the fan ran far too often.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Blanking plugs - Radiator and thermostat housing

Post by spider »

To add a bit more, the leakoff rubber caps that you usually find on the 'end' injector, these are also very useful for blanking off small vacuum ports (EGR being a good example or if you have a small 'T' in the vacuum line etc) if required too.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG