CCC - not renewing

Dedicated to owners of Citroen GS and GSA models.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: CCC - not renewing

Post by Citroenmad »

I really enjoy the mag, I read most sections and find it all very intersting. Its a good quality mag which is a good read.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

It is a good read but why not publish it online and put the monthly printing costs into other more usefull areas?, its true the CCC does a good rally too which is great but i feel they are more interested in producing "award winning literature" than supporting people of a citroen persuasion in more usefull ways, like by opening the forum up so people can actualy use it.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Deanxm wrote:It is a good read but why not publish it online and put the monthly printing costs into other more usefull areas?, its true the CCC does a good rally too which is great but i feel they are more interested in producing "award winning literature" than supporting people of a Citroën persuasion in more usefull ways, like by opening the forum up so people can actualy use it.
The problem with not producing the mag is that there are a number of members who don't use/have internet access, it'd be interesting to know the avarage age of CCC members, I suspect it very high indeed. However that's not a reason not to offer say a cheaper subscription to members who are happy to access the magazine online, I know other clubs do.

Quite why the CCC forum isn't opened up pretty much describes the problem with the club, Adrian had all manner of opposition from members when he started setting up the site.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

mmmmm, im not adverse to paying Richard its just i think they could use my money in better area's maybe than a magazine, anywho what do i care, the rally's are good.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
macplaxton
My Cars: 1978 GS X2

Post by macplaxton »

Deanxm wrote:It is a good read but why not publish it online and put the monthly printing costs into other more usefull areas?
It's an idea that falls flat when the "old guard" of a club and folk that like to read a paper copy in their "alternative study" don't want to cross the digital divide. If you look at any club accounts a lot of lolly disappears in printing and distributing a magazine. But yes, rather than just poo-poo the idea, the attitude should be "we can have both".

To me a club should primarily be there to help keep cars in use on the road. With other stuff being down the pecking order.

So instead of me spending 37 quid on renewing, I might just as well throw some of it towards the FBHVC and some hosting costs.
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

I'd much rather have the brilliant printed version of the Citroenian rather than an electronic PDF of it on the computer. It makes a nice change to read a physical magazine as opposed to reading about Citroens online. Compared to other club magazines the Citroenian is absolutely fantastic. :-D
macplaxton wrote:So instead of me spending 37 quid on renewing, I might just as well throw some of it towards the FBHVC and some hosting costs.
Mmm...don't think it's that much - £30 renewal fee.
Franklin
macplaxton
My Cars: 1978 GS X2

Post by macplaxton »

The European Airmail supplement is £7.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

macplaxton wrote:The G section could go months without a post
its not just the G section on/in the CCC mag and forum, look at rthe flat four forum (which is completly dead ) and the G section on here dont seem to get much traffic either,

regards malcolm
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

There are very few Gs around now, which probably explains the lack of content.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
robert_e_smart
My Cars:

Post by robert_e_smart »

Any Traction Owners Club or 2CV GB members on here? What do people think of these compared to CCC?

Sorry to hear you are leaving CCC Richard (Macplaxton).

I agree with some of the comments about the CCC forum (the login thing is an inconvenience, the fact it is quiet doesn't bother me in the slightest), but thats only a small benefit for me, as most of the people that are regulars on there can be found on the other forums too.

I really like the magazine, and enjoy receiving it in the post. One of the benefits of the magazine is the classifieds section. Its the first part of the magazine I read after checking out how my column appears. I know e-bay and forums makes it easier to find stuff too, but it is handy.

I get good value from the Citroenian as there are 5 different types of Citroen model in our household. I go to two CCC events in the year as well. The Ireland Rally and the CXM Rally, and enjoy them thoroughly,
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

robert_e_smart wrote:Any Traction Owners Club or 2CV GB members on here? What do people think of these compared to CCC?

I get good value from the Citroenian as there are 5 different types of Citroën model in our household. I go to two CCC events in the year as well. The Ireland Rally and the CXM Rally, and enjoy them thoroughly,
I am in the 2cv GB club and my dad the TOC.

Both are good, the 2cv forum is pretty active and there are many frequent members who seem very happy to help.
I don't even know if the TOC has a forum, Ive not looked, the magazine is pretty good though and there are many good events throughout the year. There is a more local TOC group which often gather around the area for events during the summer.

Ive been to a couple of 2cvGB runs and local evening get to gethers, everyone is very friendly and there is often a huge turnout to some of the runs. I plan on going to more 2cv GB events this year, certainly the biggers ones.

I go to a good few CCC events and for me they are the best, mind I have been going for years and a good few members knew me when I was knee high to a grass hopper. I try to get to as many events as possible, this year ill see the ICCCR, CXM, DSM, wetherby and hopefully the X rally too.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
wainy
My Cars:

Post by wainy »

Bit of a late reply to this but I couldn't let the comment re the ICCCR venue being "remote" pass......

In what way is Harrogate "remote"?????? Just off the A1(M), big prosperous town, airport 15 mins away. Geographically it's actually pretty central to the UK too. Is it classed as remote because it's not further south? If it is, then that makes me just a bit annoyed. OK, I'm a bit biased cos I live in West Yorkshire and it means a fairly easy trip for me...... however, I regularly attend rallies hundreds of miles away in the name of admiring beautiful cars so why should it be any different for other Citroen enthusiasts coming to Yorkshire from the rest of the UK? As for overseas visitors..... as I said there's an airport close and Hull a straightforward drive for ferry....

As for the venue itself, it's very used to holding large exhibitions (not least the brilliant Great Yorkshire Show) and has really great facilities that are tailor made to outdoor exhibitions and events. I think any doubters will be suitably impressed. If you do want remote, it's a relatively short drive to both the North Yorks Moors and the Dales....... home of some of the best driving roads in England.

OK, the choice of date is not great I agree but the venue is first class.
WAINY

2016 C4 Picasso Exclusive (Black)
1983 GSA X1 (Black - being restored)
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I couldn't agree more :-D

Excellent venue as it has every facility you could need. Very easy to get to and it is central to the UK as a whole. Its a 500 mile round trip for me to go to the main CCC events for the year (CXM, National and DSM) and I dont mind, its a few times a year and a joy to go to. Though it will be nice to have it closer, I do have 3 cars to get there though :lol:

Yorkshire is a great location and no doubt appeals a lot more Scottish members than it might if it was in the Midlands. Besides, its a pretty rare occasion to have the ICCCR in the UK, so wherever it is im sure the numbers would be very similar.

I hope everyone is getting accomodation booked as nearby hotels and B&Bs appear to be getting booked up quickly.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

wainy wrote:Bit of a late reply to this but I couldn't let the comment re the ICCCR venue being "remote" pass......

In what way is Harrogate "remote"?????? Just off the A1(M), big prosperous town, airport 15 mins away. Geographically it's actually pretty central to the UK too. Is it classed as remote because it's not further south? If it is, then that makes me just a bit annoyed.
You'll just have to get annoyed then :wink:

IIRC the ICCCCR is a world show? Have the busiest UK ports as in air and sea moved to Harrogate or anywhere near it? Where do the vast majority of visitors to the UK prefer to visit?

Whatever the argument about location I will not now have anything to do with the show due the total lack of a response to what I thought was a simple polite request to purchase a day ticket. What on earth can be so difficult? I posed the question on the CCC forum what must be a year ago and still they are not available :roll:

As for the abuse I had thrown at me on the CCC forum for posing a few simple polite questions, well that is nothing other than a disgrace bringing shame upon a club that I put a hell of a lot of time and effort into, I'm absolutely disgusted with several CCC members so won't be renewing my membership.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
wainy
My Cars:

Post by wainy »

Dickie G.... I haven't seen the abuse on the CCC forum (mainly cos I hardly ever visit it!) but it would certainly be out of order if you received it for asking those questions.

The busiest ports and airports in the UK aren't near Harrogate, no.... but if that was the reason for choosing a venue, it'd be at Heathrow or Felixstowe (off the top of my head), neither ideal! I really don't think the location will put off a significant number of people and will attract at least as many as would be lost. It's a shame you won't be there.... Yorkshire has a lot to offer (and I speak as an "outsider" who moved here).

Don't let your treatment put you off....
WAINY

2016 C4 Picasso Exclusive (Black)
1983 GSA X1 (Black - being restored)