More bad driving!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

More bad driving!

Post by Jon »

I was coming back from Somerset today in the old ZX, coming along the M4 home. Just before the services nr Chippenham, the road hazard signs were lit up 50MPH. Most people slowed down, I did. A "driver" in a new BMW 5 series came up the on slip from the services, forcing a lorry into the middle lane, I automatically moved to the outside lane and "flashed" the lorry out. I suppose me and the lorry driver thought that our BMW friend would then join the M4 behind us allowing us both to pull over.
Oh no, he swerved from the onslip across the 3 lanes and managed to carve a space between me and the lorry which did not exist (I had to brake, heavily. Luckily I was oberving the fool's movements in my LH mirror.). He then floored his Teutonic masterpiece and disappeared at at least double the 50mph limit, leaving us peasants in his wake.
Does anyone want to start a new topic, "Acts of insantity by BMW drivers"? [:(!]
lhm_leak
My Cars:

Post by lhm_leak »

It's a sort of special training they have, the instruction goes something like - "along the slip road... get into the BMW lane fast-fast-fast... AND DON'T, WHATEVER YOU DO, TOUCH THAT SILLY STALK NEAR THE STEERING WHEEL!"
Stu.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Mike's rule: The standard of driving is inversely proportional to the perceived value of the vehicle [}:)]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

The insanity is buying it in the first place. Big Money Wasted! I've never driven one that rode, handled, steered or stopped like a car of its price should.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

BMW; in the immortal words of Jeremy Clarkson "Made by Germans......driven by tossers!"
What's even more scarey is that they are now marketing a pretend "Exploration vehicle" aka 4WD also aka as a "vv@nk tank."
Living where I do, I end up with a variety of posers, bimbos and menopausal matrons all driving what is effectively a truck and thinking they are indestructable. Throw in a few 4WDs of back packers with a skin full of the golden amber and a ciggy not normally bought in stores, and you have a right lethal combination....add the BMW factor and.............[:0][B)][:p][}:)][:o)][xx(] the sky's the limit; "Today der Bimmer; temorra der Verld!!
[8]Alan S [8]
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Tom opined: <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The insanity is buying it in the first place. Big Money Wasted! I've never driven one that rode, handled, steered or stopped like a car of its price should.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nor me, Tom, and I used to have one. Reasons for getting rid - suspension & comfort were lousy - no faults, just how they were.
And, even more frightening, a lack of printed technical information, and total unwillingness by 'those who know' to share it. Not good [:(] I will only run cars that I can fix
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Had one once years ago rather nice looking Red 318. It had a bad habbit of eating my shoes but only the clutch, talk about stiff. Went to the main dealer in Wolverhampton and guess what "nothing wrong with it sir,". Had a recall for a new rad cap and after that it never worked properly eventually cooked it's head. sorry state for a car only 3 years old from a main dealer with only 50k on it. Will NEVER, NEVER touch another. Crap about town but flyer on the motorway.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Smoke the buggers out with an "italian decoke".....
Tried an M3 once round a sprint circuit; OK, but nothing special, really. Not a fan (can't you guess?!?!)
I do remember annoying the hell out of a 525i driver with a Vauxhall Nova TD (I know...) for most of the M5...revenge! He started it, honest..
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Unfortunately, a lot of BMW drivers (and increasingly Audi drivers) need to feel the bat [}:)]
I've driven a 318i and 525tds. Neither was particularly special, in fact the 318i was particularly awful! They both seemed rather cramped, even in comparison to a ZX.