405 glx4

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lesoxo
My Cars:

405 glx4

Post by lesoxo »

Does anyone know where a guy can find a wiring diagram for the suspension on this damn thing.Haynes don,t care and Peugeot would like me pay off the national debt!
martyb

Post by martyb »

what is actually the problem with the suspension on your car as I happen to have part of the Peugeot workshop manual for this vehicle.The problem I had with the car was the vehicle sitting down on the bump stops due to the fuse controlling the pump which is located under the bonnet behind the primary bulkhead
lesoxo
My Cars:

Post by lesoxo »

The main problem,like you is its sat on its bump stops.The pump is running after a fashion ,but it still won,t lift! The suspension sphere has been replaced but even working the height corrector by hand won,t lift it.All the wiring has been butchered by a previous owner(the only way to work the pump is with a dirty great switch in the boot
martyb

Post by martyb »

I ACTUALLY CONTACTED HAYNES TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT AND THEY WERE MOST HELPFUL, THE CHAPPIE TO SPEAK TO IS SCOTT CARSON. EXPLAIN THE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT PEUGEOT UK ARE NOT VERY HELPFUL AND HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO OBLIGE IF YOU TELL HIM THAT IT IS FOR PERSONAL REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY
martyb

Post by martyb »

ALSO, ONCE YOU GET THE PUMP RUNNING, BLEED IT FIRST FROM THE BRAKE COMPENSATOR LOCATED UP BEHIND THE AXLE, AND IF YOU CAN'T GET THE BLEED NIPPLE LOOSE. LOOSEN THE HIGH PRESSURE PIPE ON THE COLLECTOR THAT THE SPHERE SCREWS INTO. IF THE PUMP IS STILL RUNNING, YOU SHOULD GET A FARTING NOISE, A SPRAY OF LHM FLUID AND THE CAR SHOULD LIFT. THE HEIGHT SENSOR ONLY CONTROLS THE FINAL HEIGHT THAT THE CAR SITS AT AND DOESN'T ACTUALLY OPERATE THE HYDRAULIC SYSTEM