Spotted Xantias! (and other French stuff)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

XantiaDaveEire wrote:
Trainman wrote:
XantiaDaveEire wrote:Spotted a C6 last friday ...as a TAXI :grr:
There are a couple in Ireland, I know of 1 in Greystokes and another in Belfast.
Greystones possibly ? :lol:
:roll: Oh yes, to much He-man :wink:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Wasn't that Grayskull in He-Man? IIRC Greystoke was about Tarzan...

As we're wandering off-topic, have to say how much I laugh at the "Major Lazer" action figures in Hold the Line.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Had a few spots here lately, a fair few french motorhomes due to being british surf lifesaving champs. Also 2 white p1 xant hatch's, one n and one p reg, couple of zx's, and a few xant estates, one lady parked just beside our drive (doctori surgery opposite with big car paryk but most seem incapable of using ot!!) With her s1 xant estate in silver! Let her off that!!
Also went up to one of the mums yesterday, met another enroute so followed on rival car convoy! The Xant estate followed by 406 estate!
Parked up at the house of milf!

There is a guy in the village thats got some lovely old american cars and a pair of toyota hilux trucks, one with a straight v8 in and the other with a full on blown v8 with airbox intake out the bonnet! Sounds awesome!! But his daily is a pug 305estate!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

For sale in Cork, Ireland.
French is best.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Saw a silver c6 this evening on the way back from fathers, think it was an 06plate, on the a30, single lane section by truro, (chybucca junction) on way home from holls possibly??

Also saw a slighty in need of some love bx16v. But guess as its mine, it doesnt count??? ;-)

'58 C2 Code
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Well, I toddled off early from Little Horwood today due to the dreaded work and imagine my surprise :shock: :shock: :shock: as I dropped on to the M1 to join 2 Avantine's in convoy, one being blue and the other metalic lime geen, I don't know who was more surprised me or them. nods of the head and waves, pointing to each other and me...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

We had a little game of pass each other, until nature called and I pealed out at the services.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Timmo wrote:Had a few spots here lately, a fair few french motorhomes due to being british surf lifesaving champs. Also 2 white p1 xant hatch's, one n and one p reg, couple of zx's, and a few xant estates, one lady parked just beside our drive (doctori surgery opposite with big car paryk but most seem incapable of using ot!!) With her s1 xant estate in silver! Let her off that!!
Also went up to one of the mums yesterday, met another enroute so followed on rival car convoy! The Xant estate followed by 406 estate!
Parked up at the house of milf!

There is a guy in the village thats got some lovely old american cars and a pair of toyota hilux trucks, one with a straight v8 in and the other with a full on blown v8 with airbox intake out the bonnet! Sounds awesome!! But his daily is a pug 305estate!
Did you try the milf's seat for size, and warmness?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Brother was watching a film called Four Lions yesterday, I had just come home from work and sat down to see 4 of the main characters (terrorists) driving around in a Xantia. Apparently it's makes a regular appearance!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Talking of Terrorists and Xantias, some mates of mine had great pleasure in telling me the other day that a bunch of terrorists used one in a recent series on TV and it broke down. :lol: :roll: :roll:
Franklin
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

ACTIVE8 wrote:
Did you try the milf's seat for size, and warmness?
:D :D :D
she's a good friend and very lovely, had to resist a good seat sniff! :shock: :lol: :wink:

'58 C2 Code
Ross_K
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

R9UKE wrote:Image

For sale in Cork, Ireland.
Weird. I never noticed this post before. I saw this Avantime today in Bandon and had to do a double-take... A 2003 2.0 Turbo. The bloke wants 6 grand for it. Good luck.

I wouldn't buy a car down that neck of the woods though. Really bad floods every year = plenty of water-damaged cars.
ImageImage
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

addo wrote:Ms Bradbury kicked him out of bed a bit earlier today; that's why.
Sssh keep it down, she was tired I had to let her sleep, don't wake her please! :wink: :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

Citroening wrote:Talking of Terrorists and Xantias, some mates of mine had great pleasure in telling me the other day that a bunch of terrorists used one in a recent series on TV and it broke down. :lol: :roll: :roll:
Sounds like the film red dwarfers is on about actually!

The car 'breaks' when they carry a dangerous bomb that any vibration could set off. Basically they put it in service low and the broken ness was just it driving on the bump stops, probably why a Xantia was chosen for the role in the film!
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Ross_K wrote:
Weird. I never noticed this post before. I saw this Avantime today in Bandon and had to do a double-take... A 2003 2.0 Turbo. The bloke wants 6 grand for it. Good luck.

I wouldn't buy a car down that neck of the woods though. Really bad floods every year = plenty of water-damaged cars.
Yeh we were flying past, I noticed it and slammed on the brakes... should have remembered I was in a car with no ABS! Did you notice the old Cadillac he has? No engine in it though!

Yeh the Avantime will be around for a while yet if he's looking that much, they're down to £1800 for nicer ones on ebay.
French is best.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Week away in Cornwall... spotted a few French things around... didn't get a chance to photo everything, but did get a chance to photo two XM's.

Saw around 3 Val Statis motors... no shots unfortunally...

That was a LHD 2.o injection car... looking a tiny bit sad... there was a wire sticking out the bonnet for the catch release I assume, and the Nearside (Drivers in this case) door mirror was a little droopy.. the body panels looked a little out of colour aswell.. and a couple of centre caps missing on the alloys.

I also spoteed on the main A road between St Austell and Newquay, outside a village called Menna, a small yard with a Pug 405 and a Pug 605 sitting abandend... looking at Google Maps they have been in the same position a few years. I have Robbed this shot from the Google Camera Car of them...

Than also in a local to where we were staying in Mevagissey Port, in the car park this XM was there:

Turbo D SX... It was gone when we came back later...

Quite a Few xantias about too, even two locally to our village, Goran Haven..

Paul
Last edited by citroenxm on 14 Jan 2012, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto