Clatter, clatter, clatter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

It basically looks like a car that's been driven into the ground.

Rear end damage, worn interior, stated issues with the hydraulic pump, factor in variables yet to be determined (pads/rotors, heater core, aircon, alternator, engine health overall, spheres) and it's what we diplomatically call a project car.

Been there, done that with my 405 (affectionately called "Paris" because she's ugly and high mileage) - replacement with a grab bag of unknowns is not the cheap way to fix a localised problem with another car.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

fridgedoc wrote:Hi Addo

What have you spotted that I have not, please enlighten me

my car will need a head with cam and it may have piston damage, as it was low on oil also bottom end damage.
We have to remember that, it's not just potential head damage.
If it were, and only the caps/cam were damaged, not the cut outs the cam sits in, then I'd say try finding a replacement cam, caps and studs, it worked for Cassy, and at 40mph the only piston damage was a slight imprint of the valve heads.
With running sans oil I'd be worried what other damage has occured.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

A quick browse of Leboncoin suggests you will find a complete donor motor if required, not too dear or far away.
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Post by fridgedoc »

Addo as much as I understand what you are saying the interior is better than mine, the bumper has come off the rear they have said it has not had a smack but thats for me to look at and I can take parts off my car to fit, they are asking €300 but I reckon they will take €200 not sure how that works out in Aus$ but not a lot.
They might not be mechanicaly minded at all so asking the garage to fit a new pump (we are in France remember labour is dear here) would be loads of money.
It's not going to cost a lot to have a look and I will run the car up and see what is happening with the pump before I part with any money.
People keep their cars a lot longer in France and the second hand price is high compared to the UK at least, no idea about Ozz. I think I will go have a look see and then decide, will let you know how I get on
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1994 (deceased)
LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Post by fridgedoc »

Addo, that's where I've been looking, I must have missed that one, point me to it please
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1994 (deceased)
LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I searched "Vehicules" in Poitou-Charentes region using the terms Xantia pour pieces. Only about 40-something came up, and many weren't local at all (100+km).

The Ebay sinker you looked at, was listed on there too.