CCC National Rally 2011 - July 16 - 17th. CONFIRMED!

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

We will have to make sure we are on the look out for your landing :lol:

We were going to come in two cars, me in my Activa and my dad in his 6H, but I think the 6 will be staying at home due to the changeable weather at the moment. Just had a look on BBC news, we could expect a bit of thunder and lightening on the Saturday ... be careful with your parachute!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Trainman wrote:I'm getting 'Vince Syndrome' things are begining to conspire again me, I'm now looking to get there in the early hours of sunday morning, got to work on saturday afternoon.
It sucks doesnt it Steve. weekends are meant to be free time :(
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Citroenmad wrote:I think the 6 will be staying at home due to the changeable weather at the moment

are C6's startting to rust away already then :shock: :twisted: :lol:

so they can only go out in dry weather,

regards malcolm
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Citroenmad wrote:We were going to come in two cars, me in my Activa and my dad in his 6H, but I think the 6 will be staying at home due to the changeable weather at the moment. Just had a look on BBC news, we could expect a bit of thunder and lightening on the Saturday ... be careful with your parachute!
Yes the weather forecast is looking rather grim this morning, is 2011 going to be the year of Citroen car show washouts? Two down already DS + GS.

If it is going to be a case of thunder and lightening I might divert to the one local to me as the forecast here is OK.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

citronut wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:I think the 6 will be staying at home due to the changeable weather at the moment

are C6's startting to rust away already then :shock: :twisted: :lol:

so they can only go out in dry weather,

regards malcolm
Not sure about C6s ... but our 1955 Big 6H Traction doesn't need to be in the weather if it doesn't have to be. Oh, and it doesnt rust, there is probably more rust on a C6 :lol: Obviously cars are for driving and it has been out in the rain many times but we prefer not to, especially if its constant rain for the 200 miles, which looks possible by fridays forecast. My dad was also worried about parking it at the hotel, its a non replaceable, valuable car and does not exaclty blend in.

I hope its not another washout Richard, looks like it might be though. Still, that shouldn't put us off :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Citroenmad wrote:our 1955 Big 6H Traction doesn't need to be in the weather if it doesn't have to be. Oh, and it doesnt rust, there is probably more rust on a C6 :lol: Obviously cars are for driving and it has been out in the rain many times but we prefer not to, especially if its constant rain for the 200 miles, which looks possible by fridays forecast. My dad was also worried about parking it at the hotel, its a non replaceable, valuable car and does not exaclty blend in.
Chris I feel exactly the same about my DS, why risk it? That's why I never took it to the D-Day celebrations a couple of years ago.
Citroenmad wrote:I hope its not another washout Richard, looks like it might be though. Still, that shouldn't put us off :lol:
For me the choice is a 190 mile round trip to a thunderstorm in bleak surroundings to see the same cars I've looked at for the past 15 years or a 7 mile round trip in decent weather to view a wide variety of makes and models I've not previously seen :?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

DickieG wrote:For me the choice is a 190 mile round trip to a thunderstorm in bleak surroundings to see the same cars I've looked at for the past 15 years or a 7 mile round trip in decent weather to view a wide variety of makes and models I've not previously seen :?
We'll miss your sunny disposition if you don't come! :lol: :wink:
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

citroenesque wrote:We'll miss your sunny disposition if you don't come! :lol: :wink:
I'll post a cardboard cut-out instead :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Citroenmad wrote:My dad was also worried about parking it at the hotel, its a non replaceable, valuable car and does not exaclty blend in.
...for info Chris, the carpark to the Oliver Cromwell has a lift up and down barrier and it's not easy to gain access - it's secure. There's a mate's car site next door to the hotel with a very expensive Camper on it, so I think a 'common thief' would try that rather than 'that ol' black Citron' - shame that they won't know what it actually is and think it is 'that ol' black Citron'! :roll:

I think that Greame is driving his CX down all the way from Scotland for the rally...! :shock:
DickieG wrote:For me the choice is a 190 mile round trip to a thunderstorm in bleak surroundings to see the same cars I've looked at for the past 15 years or a 7 mile round trip in decent weather to view a wide variety of makes and models I've not previously seen :?
VERY good that point Richard - I've asked dad to take the CX Rally car but he says that it's been before so he's not bothering. Not sure what he's going to take...he's busy in the afternoons anyway so might just pop down in the C6 for the CX Section committee meeting on Sunday. He might take a CX Athena that's been off the road for a number of years - in for MOT today - who knows. :-k Variety is good Richard and I do like classic shows with lots of different cars.

Sincerely hope it doesn't rain - looking a bit cloudy here ATM so hopefully it will pass over. Positive thinking! :D [-o< [-o<

Edit at 2:40 - the sun's out now! 8-)
Franklin
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Citroening wrote:He might take a CX Athena that's been off the road for a number of years - in for MOT today - who knows. :-k
PASS! \:D/
...so maybe that.
Franklin
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Citroening wrote: Robert brought the picked eggs (chip shop style I think) along and as people were eating them (or having them thrown at them...!) it became increasing difficult toget them out of the jar. And then comes along Steve (Trainman) and he goes and gets one out in record time (he must have been practising!) :shock: :lol:
Robert had been there all day, I'd only just arrived and Robert's chair was a bit wobbly, That your worship, is all I'm prepared to say..... :wink:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

This morning the BBC speaks of heavy rain for Saturday :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gosh, we're really paying for that pleasant spring now :evil:

Much as I love rallies, wet ones are about as much fun as toothache. I'm with DickieG on this one....

Still, I'll be positive and hope the BBC are hopelessly wrong in the weather department.

They usually are...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

It will be a shame if its a wet weekend, which BBC weather online suggests it will be, but hopefully that won't put too many people off. Im very much looking forward to it, even if it does rain.

Jim, I hope that doesn't mean you will desert us in favour of a car event in better weather? We need you and your trusty umbrella to keep the rain away :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote:Jim, I hope that doesn't mean you will desert us in favour of a car event in better weather? We need you and your trusty umbrella to keep the rain away :lol:
No worries there Chris, it'll be a cold night in hell before I stay away from a National :D

My trusty umbrella proved it's worth last Saturday at the Newport Pagnell Carnival so I'm confident it'll come good this weekend....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by tim leech »

RAIN???????????????????? WASH your mouth out! Ive had words with him upstairs, asides a light shower expect good sunshine! :wink:
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder