Spotted Xantias! (and other French stuff)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Citroenmad wrote: I liked the keyless entry (though Renault need to design out the awful key cards, just too bulky and unnecessary.
No way can you say this when the C5's keys are the size that they are! They're ridiculously huge!

Just to compare and contrast - the interior of both my Laguna V6 and C5 V6:

I think the Renault has the much more modern, higher class look. The lines are clean, the colours are light and the dials have a nice chrome ring around them. In my honest opinion, the seats are more comfortable in the Laguna (even Robert Smart said this!).

I have noticed more areas of better build quality in the Renault!!! One big thing for me was the rear sunblinds. The Citroen's is very flimsy and hard to hook in. Oh and the electric door mirror selector switch is fiddly in the Citroen. That fake wood looks disastrous compared to the Renault, and the cruise control shows no sign of being active on the dash.

When getting rid of one, there was no contest for me.
French is best.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Doesn't cruise control only have two settings in the UK spec models (Crawl and Dead Stop), given the state of its motorways?
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Couple of spots today:

BX Estate

C5

C5

C5

Romahome

Renault 19

Xantia

DS3

XM
Franklin
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I like the black Xantia and almost like the green C5.
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

...just found this one! It was difficult to get this one as it was out of the back window (!), but you can just see a Safrane there! :D

Franklin
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

Loving the romahome

Mark
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Nice lot of pictures again Franklin, good spot with the XM :lol: Some very tidy looking C5s there too, and yes Steve the green suits the C5 well, as does Wicked red.

Franklin, you wont be able to spot any Citroen before long, what with a air-freshener and now a teddy, you will be lucky to see anything :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

:lol: That's dad's QPRbear - he's an avid supporter and it seems to have done it's job well as QPR went up this season! :D \:D/
Franklin
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Citroening wrote::lol: That's dad's QPRbear - he's an avid supporter and it seems to have done it's job well as QPR went up this season! :D \:D/
Wow, I won't even have a sticker in my cars window, I don't even have a Citroen Car Club sticker in it ... never mind a teddy bear watching over my driving :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

R9UKE wrote:
Citroenmad wrote: I liked the keyless entry (though Renault need to design out the awful key cards, just too bulky and unnecessary.
No way can you say this when the C5's keys are the size that they are! They're ridiculously huge!

Just to compare and contrast - the interior of both my Laguna V6 and C5 V6:

I think the Renault has the much more modern, higher class look. The lines are clean, the colours are light and the dials have a nice chrome ring around them. In my honest opinion, the seats are more comfortable in the Laguna (even Robert Smart said this!).

I have noticed more areas of better build quality in the Renault!!! One big thing for me was the rear sunblinds. The Citroën's is very flimsy and hard to hook in. Oh and the electric door mirror selector switch is fiddly in the Citroën. That fake wood looks disastrous compared to the Renault, and the cruise control shows no sign of being active on the dash.

When getting rid of one, there was no contest for me.
:lol: Yes, the C5s key is on the chunky side, however it is nicely rounded and so its less noticeable in your pocket than the Renault card. In my opinion anyway and we have had a few Renaults with keycards now.

Ah, to be fair I dont think that is the best C5 interior, not with cream carpets and a wooden plastic effect - silver is the only way to go with dash finish, well my last VTR had a blue insert in there, which was nice actually. Ill post a picture tomorrow to give your Laguna some competition :lol:

Also the cruise control does show on the dash with the C5II (facelift), you set your speed and its shown up in the trip computer window. The cruise also has a speed limiter on the II.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

Good spots Franklin. Is it me, or do the BX and the XM look somehow 'refreshing' now? Everything - Citroens included - seems so 'blobby' now!

That XM in particular... lovely. Pure in line, and less compromised than say, the Safrane... and as for the R19.. sorry, I think it is - and was - even more a lesson in mediocrity; pure lazy design. IMHO of course!
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

citroenesque wrote:Good spots Franklin. Is it me, or do the BX and the XM look somehow 'refreshing' now? Everything - Citroëns included - seems so 'blobby' now!

That XM in particular... lovely. Pure in line, and less compromised than say, the Safrane... and as for the R19.. sorry, I think it is - and was - even more a lesson in mediocrity; pure lazy design. IMHO of course!
Your right, modern cars are 'blobby', there are no sleek designs like the Xm. That Safrane fits in well with those moderns in the picture actually, surprising, its not a stand out car.

One of the best looking XMs for me is a white car with black bumpers (not a colour coded Exclucive) they look great, the lines really show off nicely.

Why did we sell that!
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

IMO, I still think that the XM is 'blobby' - not in the same league as the C5 but I'm not a fan of the shape.
For sleekness, CX everytime with the S1 coming up top. 8-)

Franklin
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

The XM is a much better looking car than the Safrane... but I really, really don't like it's interior. As a result, I'll have a Safrane, thanks :)
French is best.
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I have never been a huge fan of the CX styling, not even when we had one which is often when you appreciate a cars looks more. I do quite like them but in S2 form, the shape looks better with the bumpers imo. I think the problem with the CX for me is its a car which ended production when I was 2 and so I was never really interested in them when I took an interest in cars, The Xms and Xantias were all I knew - mainly because we had a different one here each day.

A very distinctive car the CX, you certainly can not mistake it for something else, mind that is true of many Citroens.

Luke, do you not like either the S1 or S2 Xm interior?
I don't mind them, not really a matched design with the exterior though neither is the C6. The Xm has superbly comfortable seats (more so if they are cloth!) and masses of room. The dash is fairly nice I think, I prefer the S2 again though.

Now a CX interior, that really is something. You know its a bit special when the MOT tester can't figure out how to work the necessaries :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10