Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Get well soon Jim!

P.V.F. symptoms sound very similar to the fibromyalgia I've been (mis)diagnosed with, particularly the fatique, both after sleep and how it comes on quickly when doing the simplest of chores.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks all for your very kind words :D

Franklin, that picture from Claydon House was a great pick-me up and thanks for posting it. Makes me realise just how much I enjoy rallies and how I'm looking forward to the new season. Nothing will keep me away from them!

Dave, yes, a holiday might be a good idea. Trouble is I don't do holidays unless they're active ones. I've no idea about holidays at all really. My idea of a holiday is to spend a week rebuilding a car...

Mike, I wish I could retire. With Robyn about to go to Uni and Sian following her in a couple of years, there's no hope unless I win the lottery :lol:
MikeT wrote: P.V.F. symptoms sound very similar to the fibromyalgia I've been (mis)diagnosed with, particularly the fatique, both after sleep and how it comes on quickly when doing the simplest of chores.

It's one of the symptoms Mike and thankfully I'm not too bad in that respect although early last week I most certainly did have a nasty bout of it across my lower back. :twisted: Luckily, it is good this week.. But where does it come from? Why does it just happen out of the blue like it does?

Now I'm pacing things and taking it very easy (by my standards) things are a bit better. I must be very careful not to go and overdo it when feeling a bit better... This has been my downfall for the past coupe of months really. Feel good, get lots done and then collapse in a heap...

I've done a V6 swap for the next couple of weeks, I'd not even looked at New V6 for three weeks and she fired up instantly this afternoon. Old V6 is taking a well-earned rest... At the moment I'm grateful for an automatic gearbox :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

CitroJim wrote:
MikeT wrote: P.V.F. symptoms sound very similar to the fibromyalgia I've been (mis)diagnosed with, particularly the fatique, both after sleep and how it comes on quickly when doing the simplest of chores.

It's one of the symptoms Mike and thankfully I'm not too bad in that respect although early last week I most certainly did have a nasty bout of it across my lower back. :twisted: Luckily, it is good this week.. But where does it come from? Why does it just happen out of the blue like it does?
Cynically, I feel the doctors don't know, they just put a name to the complaint, realised it occurs after a viral infection (mine came on strong around my shoulders after a tetanus booster) but have no cure or medication that helps recovery, just some advice on how best to manage it. They did tell me it usually goes away after a year or two but I appear to be the exception :roll:
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Im currently suffering the same sort of thing, very weak and feeling the need to sleep 14hrs a day, headache's fever and light/screens are painfull to look at etc etc.
Very irritating but after work i just sleep, doctors do tests but dont really seem to know what it is.
Also swmbo has had a bad chest infection for the past few weeks and has fractured her ribs caughing, its like a bloody leper colony at my house :lol: :lol:.

Hope they fix you soon Jim and all your cars behave in the meantime, bring on the summer!! (my pear tree is just putting out its first leaves :wink: )

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's not good Dean :evil:

How long has it been going on for you now? And can you trace it back to a 'flu-like illness in the past? For now just roll with it and don't try to fight it too hard...

Thought you'd been a bit quiet on here but then so have I...

Hope it soon goes away as winter is rapidly doing. Spring is really starting to spring now and it is a joy to behold.. My rhubarb is coming along a treat and I see my peonies are shooting...

Summer is just around the corner :D :D :D :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

been feeling rough for a year or so but its been bad for a couple of weeks, just seems to get progressivly worse i suppose, its affecting my eysight too now with the issue with light so i have to be home before dark :lol: , all fun and games, im sure it will clear though, with a bit of sunshine :wink:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

That doesn't sound good at all Dean :? I hope you find the problem soon.

Someone at work had similar symptoms, for ages, the doctors diagnosed a few things but it eventually turned out to be diabetes. They were lucky it was found when it was, as that can have serious effects on your eyes.

Not that yours would be, but finding out whats wrong will be the key to feeling better. :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm convinced a bit of warm and sunshine will go a long way to sorting us all out Dean; it's been a long and hard winter one way and another... It's got to have had an effect...

Roll on the rally season too, that's always good for a boost...
Jim

davetherave

Post by davetherave »

Seasonal adjustment disorder does seem to affect alot of people... the cure...
Foreign holiday +beach +beer +book= happy times.
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

CitroJim wrote:Franklin, that picture from Claydon House was a great pick-me up and thanks for posting it. Makes me realise just how much I enjoy rallies and how I'm looking forward to the new season. Nothing will keep me away from them!
No probs with the pic Jim - glad it worked! :D
The East Midlands group of the CCC has got it's next meeting at Burghley House on 17th April so wondered if you'd be up for that as it doesn't appear to be too far from you (50 miles according to GoogleMaps).
More details on the CCC if you're interested - should be a great meet. 8-)
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Franklin :D

Spotted that in this month's Citroenian and already have it pencilled in.. I believe the food is good there...
Jim

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

No probs Jim - I think that we might be taking one of the V6s...have a look at the signature \/ :D
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

You've got a Xantia V6 then Franklin?

I need more details :wink: :D
Jim

jgra1
(Donor 2021)

Post by jgra1 »

Dave that sounds like a good holiday :D Jim, Dean hope you both better soon.. :D Comiserations too, Mike

Fracturing ribs coughing! ouch! :shock:

john
Xaccers

Post by Xaccers »

CitroJim wrote:I'm convinced a bit of warm and sunshine will go a long way to sorting us all out Dean
I can recommend Sharm (or rather Dahab up the coast) as a great place for a holiday, and you could actually drive there...
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool