I understand there's a plan in place for a while now to change the php
software and even a demo mode was shown for a while, though this was
a way back.
I was reminded about an alternative I tried in a bored 10 minutes some
time ago when I chanced upon a file made to play about and see if the new
php could sit nicely with a different main masthead banner and thought
why not, chuck it on and see what the current feelings are about it!?
Anyhow, a first draft:

Anything and everything can be changed but sometimes you have to start
somewhere to know then where you want to go!!
ps, the variation in width for varied screen sizes could run between the
full black RHS of the main flag graphic and the LHS edge of the x3 marque
logos if that makes sense?
Andrew
It looks nice.