World's Dullest Looking Cars

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Brian Oblivion
My Cars:

World's Dullest Looking Cars

Post by Brian Oblivion »

M Reg Ford Mondeo Hatch in Doom Blue, Osama Bin Laden could drive around Westminster in one (he might be as I type!)and no one would notice him!![:)]
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

Peugeot 106. I hope I don't see one on the way home as I might fall asleep due to the boredom of looking at it.
Vauxhall Astra. I can't think of one feature about it, other than its blandness.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Erm..... how about a ZX 1.9D Auto 1993 'K' 5 dr Avantage. [:I]
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

Anything Kia have ever made, Mitsubishi "Carisma" (hmmm), Toyota Carina, Citroen Xsara...
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by James.UK</i>

Erm..... how about a ZX 1.9D Auto 1993 'K' 5 dr Avantage. [:I]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Is yours the same "exciting" Burgundy colour that mine is James?
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

How about an Austin Allegro in the fetchingly named "Sandglow"?
A colour as close as you can get to diaorhea without getting that warm feeling downstairs!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Arry.. Nope.. "Burgundy" sounds positively exotic compared to mine! lol..
Erm my car would be described as "Silver" by a salesman in a car showroom, but its bog standard "Grey" to anyone normal!! The good news is, its quite a good match for "road salt grey" so it looks fairly clean all winter. .. lmho..
(you still doing that 1,000 mile in 48 hours weekly trip in your ZX?)
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Yep, still sitting on the motorway for hours on end, adding mile after mile to the speedo. I wish my car was road-salt grey rather than "dirty salt covered red car" colour. Then I wouldn't have to pay my daughter a quidor three to wash it every week! My 8 year old lad does the arches for free because he likes using the hose pipe and getting wet.
Still no problems, but boy do the oil changes come around quickly!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Never mind the car, that can always be replaced, long journeys on motorways take a lot out of the driver as well, just try to make sure that the drone of the engine for hour after boring hour doesn't make you lose concentration and start thinking of things other than the idiots around you!
Motorway monotony can be a killer.. So take regular coffee stops, do the "police" thing of giving yourself a running commentary about road conditions, speed of other traffic etc etc.. Just stay alert.. Erm... I also give my granny egg sucking lessons. [:I] [:o)] lol.. But you know what I mean.. [:)]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Mercedes "A" class fingy? looks like a heat distorted beetle that some joker stuck a Merc badge on.. [:D] erm.. my dtr-in-law just bought one. [:I] I think the badge is worth more than the car personaly. [:o)]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Had an old vauxhall (viva I think that memorable huh) colour of that was classyly called <b>CHAMPAGNE STARFIRE</b> looked like dirty gold to me! In fact most gold cars under £20'000 look crap except for that citroen one but thats more yellow I think
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

We had a Visa special that Citroen entertaingly called 'Fawn Beige'. There was, however, no getting away from the fact that it was s**t brown....!!!
All though by the time my mate made it into a trailer(!) it had a white bonnet and a red off side wing - which made it look all the better!