Club-XM forum down?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Club-XM forum down?

Post by citroenesque »

Anyone know when it'll be back?
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Company... Relax!

Post by addo »

Don't fret; you've still got FCF!

C-XMF admin are likely pressing their freshly starched anoraks to be "just so".
XMX

Re: Club-XM forum down?

Post by XMX »

citroenesque wrote:Anyone know when it'll be back?
Hi Phil,
The Club-XM.co.uk site has been flaky/intermittent the last couple of day's, hence the more than usual activity has been on the CLUB-XM.COM.
I'd be a bit surprised if you've not joined up to that forum too, being an XM owner as there's a lot of useful technical info available on that site !

Oh, I don't know when it'll be back up and running. Maybe Peter N needs to get in touch with Ciaran to see whats going off or on ?

XMX
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

Re: Club-XM.com

The board administrator is no longer accepting any new registrations at the moment.

Oh, OK then... :?
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
messerschmitt owner
My Cars:

Post by messerschmitt owner »

Phil

it means you have to talk to Peter and I here then ...

I believe starting threads about BXs on the XM site breaks it. ;)
Image My XMs
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

The site is just being tue to the Xm, a technical pain in the arse! :wink:
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
XMX

Post by XMX »

davetherave wrote:The site is just being tue to the Xm, a technical pain in the arse! :wink:
Hi Dave,
Was that suppose to be 'True', maybe arthritis setting in due to too much spannering on your XM :wink:

Anyhow I hope your keeping okay and getting on top of the job's on your XM ?
I'm getting mine prepared/checked over for an MOT that's due shortly, I've just fitted two nearly new Goodyear Eagle Ventura 205x65x15 V rated tyre's (Tread pattern similar to a F1 wet weather tyre) to the front wheels this afternoon and checked over the exhaust system, the area of front pipe of the rear cross box does not look too healthy, I maybe getting out my welder tomorrow to address that though :roll:

Also still trying to sort out a payment/deal with a stupid woman's insurer's who hit my parked up XM from 4 week's ago :evil:

XMX
Last edited by XMX on 12 Nov 2010, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Sorry to hear about someone hitting your XM, I had a similar thing last week! someone in a van knocked the front.

Luckily it was just a scuff and they are paying for it to be sprayed!

Surprisingly I am getting somewhere with the car! I will not say its fixed BUT the ABS is currently working :D :D :D

Perhaps not arthritis just yet, but spannering on cold concrete certainly produces a cold arse!
Good luck with the mot!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

sounds like its time you discovered the benefits of thermal overals Dave :wink: :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

messerschmitt owner wrote:Phil

Oooops! :lol:

I'll refrain from such subversive behaviour in future!!! :roll:
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

your not alone though, i am guilty of contaminating some posts with Activa talk, good job the locals are friendly :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
robert_e_smart
My Cars:

Post by robert_e_smart »

What are your new tyres like Richard?

I have sourced some very cheap New Michelin Energy savers in that size, not V rated though, but they're H rated I think. I have them on the 2.1 Auto and I have no complaints. Much better than the Acelera Alphas on the other 2.1 Auto.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citroenesque wrote:
messerschmitt owner wrote:Phil

Oooops! :lol:

I'll refrain from such subversive behaviour in future!!! :roll:
No such problems here :D The FCF is happy to (in the right section of course) to discuss any topic, just about...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
XMX

Post by XMX »

robert_e_smart wrote:What are your new tyres like Richard?

I have sourced some very cheap New Michelin Energy savers in that size, not V rated though, but they're H rated I think. I have them on the 2.1 Auto and I have no complaints. Much better than the Acelera Alphas on the other 2.1 Auto.
Hi Robert,
Well on Monday night I was coming to the end of the A52 BRIAN CLOUGH WAY heading into Derby, whilst the traffic lights were on Green I really hadn't the need to slow down (As there only just changed to green) but only traveling at approx. 30 MPH I was almost going to join/drive onto the Pentagon Island and this damned speeding Police Car came from the right (From under the under side of the fly-over bridge) which is where the traffic on the island is waiting for the lights to change for them to Green but they cannot be really seen when approaching the island due to them effectively coming out of a Tunnel (Due to the bridge over them being constructed from solid concrete) !

However the Police car (On Blue and 2's) was speeding right across the path in front of me (Which I had the right of way) and I only just managed to pull up leaving him enough room to pass after almost locking up the front end (I also felt the ABS working over-time doing the job) it was a bit of a close call, the look on the Police driver face ( :shock: ) was interesting though :lol:

I can honestly say with the greasy/wet roads at the time, if I'd not changed the semi-slick (But just legal) tyres for the GOODYEAR EAGLE VENTURA'S on the front only last Friday, they'd could well have been another XM being available for spares, like YOUR poor Estate Robert !

:)

XMX
Last edited by XMX on 17 Nov 2010, 11:29, edited 2 times in total.
XMX

Post by XMX »

It looks like Club-XM.co.uk has dropped of off the Radar again :?

Can Peter or Dean give Ciaran a call to see what's happened ?

EDIT @ 11:33 am :- Now up and running again !

:)

XMX